cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken sim port 02 mycare

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all I recently damaged my sim tray holder on my bb torch 9800 I've been a loyal O2 customer for 12 years so I had no hesitation in ringing 02 and was giving a Job ref number and sent my phone of recorded delivery (£6:35) assuming all would be fine until I recieved the following email
Your handset has successfully reached our repair centre.

The assessment by our repair centre is completed by following the
warranty guidelines set by Blackberry. Our engineers have assessed your
handset and the faults are not covered by warranty due to damage - Sim
reader has been damaged ( 4 pins have been broken ).

The cost of a reconditioned replacement is £125.00 which can be added to
your next month?s bill. Alternatively, if you have insurance you can
choose to decline the quotation and we would return the handset to
yourself in order to proceed with an insurance claim.

If you choose to decline the quotation we will be able to return the
handset back to you without repair.
Please reply to this email confirming your choice.

Kind regards
O2 Returns & Repairs

To say I was shocked was a understatement as my friend had a similar problem and Vodafone simply replaced the sim tray for a £20 fee !!! £125 I mean my phone is probably not even worth that !! Could somebody please tell me what other solution I could have as I can't afford that and where's the customer loyalty here?? I'm currently in the process of emailing them to return my phone unblemished as it was when I sent it but I'm very angry and frustrated with 02 and thinking of changing networks and taking my friends and family somewhere to a network that respects loyalty after all the thousands of £ spent in over a decade with there service
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers people for all the advice
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went on eBay and bout a sim replacement port for £1:99 anyone any idea how much a street retailer would charge to put it in ??
Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149104 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions
Each one will vary, you'll have to ask around a few but don't pay anymore than £40 absolute max. I hope to get it done for around £15-20 TBH.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers mi5 hoping about £20
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93938 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Can't see it being much more than £20-25 especially as you are supplying the part.

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers jonsie
Message 16 of 16