cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken pay monthly phone - what are my options?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract runs out in December, but my phone is broken. What can I do about it? Can I buy a new one and swap the sim over? Will I maybe be able to get an early upgrade? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the phone is broken (and not damaged etc.) then you should have it booked in for repair.

Take it to an o2 store and they will send it away - if it is damaged they will give you a repair quoatation but most likely it will be fixed under warranty free of charge.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You only real option is to buy another phone and carry on using your contract sim in it. Otherwise, buy out your current contract and start another one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Do you mean physically broken, otherwise O2 can get it repaired?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the input.
It's the battery that's the problem, only has a runtime of a few hours
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
A new battery is way cheaper than a new phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the phone is broken (and not damaged etc.) then you should have it booked in for repair.

Take it to an o2 store and they will send it away - if it is damaged they will give you a repair quoatation but most likely it will be fixed under warranty free of charge.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you are able to buy another phone of your choice outright and sim free, you will have many more choices of tariffs open to you when your contract is up.

Message 7 of 7