Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing old number

evitjose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I recently got a monthly sim only contract with o2 and I signed up to o2 right after I purchased the sim. I requested a PAC from vodafone which I received and when I looked up how to change my number it said just give a quick call. However, when I called it kept hanging up on me after I stated the reason for the call because they’re only taking calls for upgrading and leaving which is understandable due to current issues. So after I kept searching I found out that you can fill and online form to keep your old number which I did successfully but received no email as confirmation. It stated that the number will swap within 24 so I waited and it never changed so I waited another day thinking it might just be late but still nothing. So I filled out the form again but this time I got an email saying my security details that I entered were wrong because I accidentally put in my login password instead of my security password so I tried again and it was successful. I still did not get any email confirming this. Another day went by and still nothing. I couldn’t find an email to contact them so resorted to twitter dm’s for help. After messaging on twitter I got a reply after a day asking if I received an email or a message on my old or new sim. Foolishly I threw away my old sim thinking my number was gonna be transferred after one or two days so I cant even check that. Is there any one I can contact because I need my old number urgently because I’ve applied for jobs and they can’t reach me because they have my old number and not this temporary one. If any one has any information it would be really appreciated.

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@evitjose 

The confirmation would go to your old SIM not the new one so you'll need to call customer service to get confirmation now Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Choose the upgrade option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@evitjose 

The confirmation would go to your old SIM not the new one so you'll need to call customer service to get confirmation now Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Choose the upgrade option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
Hi,

You will need to call customer services, sim swaps are taking longer than normal but if you give them a call they will be able to confirm if the sim swap is going through, there are contact numbers in the below link.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
signature
Message 3 of 4

evitjose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay I will do this now. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4