cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing a different number onto my existing PM account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Off travelling in June and would like to give someone my SIM for the rest of the contract, except they want to keep their existing number (they have a rolling contract which can be cancelled no problem). Is this possible in any way? I don't care about the existing number on the SIM. 

Would be huge for me in saving wasting money on that contract I won't use, which someone else can put to use, and meanwhile I'll get a new contract abroad myself.

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

At the end of your contract if the other person wants to move back to 3 then you (the account holder) ring o2 and ask for a pac code and when you use it on 3 or another network you account will close

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought the op wants to not be the account holder of the O2 account anymore.
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, well in that case I'll get on to O2 CS. I'm surprised this is possible, but very happy I should be able to do it!

I'll mark as solution but just before, do you know if you lose coverage in this process for very long? Such as after I request the PAC from Three or when I tell O2 the PAC and ask it to be transferred? (I have called Vodafone many times in a business to get numbers swapped from one sim to a new, and it takes 15 mins total, but obviously that's a bit different).
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
BOB: I understand how you read that, but no, it's my girlfriend and I just want her to have my contract but she wants her number. So I'll pay the bill, she'll use the package, and at the end of the contract, well whatever -- I'll either cancel or I won't.
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool.

Let us know how you get on and I hope it doesn't get messy.

You shouldn't be without signal for too long. It's a bit vague on the link but it's probably anything up to 24 hours like a sim swap.
Message 15 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Pac code should take 24 hours from giving it to o2 the link above explains the process

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 16