cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing a different number onto my existing PM account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Off travelling in June and would like to give someone my SIM for the rest of the contract, except they want to keep their existing number (they have a rolling contract which can be cancelled no problem). Is this possible in any way? I don't care about the existing number on the SIM. 

Would be huge for me in saving wasting money on that contract I won't use, which someone else can put to use, and meanwhile I'll get a new contract abroad myself.

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes I assumed both numbers on O2.
So, all you need is a PAC from Three for your friends number and then give that to O2 and they will put the Three number onto your sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complete side point but the "Choose a community name" thing seems COMPLETELY broken. I tried quite literally 25+ names, all RIDICULOUSLY random like jfmfnzkserfjfe and they were taken - apparently. 

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't believe this is possible.

It is possible for this person to be made the new account holder(they may need to be credit checked) as long as you both are on the call with O2 Cs on 202 but the mobile number is tied to your account.
Message 3 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

is the other number on another network?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Easiest way would be for the other person to port their number to another network then port it back onto your O2 account.
It should be possible to do it directly, but it seems that not many CS agents know how to do it, so the porting option may be easier for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick responses.

Yes, the other number is on Three. 

MI5 - can you clarify what you mean? Or did you assume I meant the other person was also on O2? (Sorry, should've mentioned in OP. They are Three, I'm O2.)

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes I assumed both numbers on O2.
So, all you need is a PAC from Three for your friends number and then give that to O2 and they will put the Three number onto your sim card.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... keep my number info you can port any number from another network to o2 at any time you like but remember you are liable for the contract but the direct debit can be changed to the other persons bank account.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's that easy? How does it work on my existing o2 account: does her number become my primary, and override/lose my old one? Or it acts as a second number (like an email alias/secondary email to a primary address)?

To be honest I was guessing it wouldn't be possible, so I'm curious how it'll work if it is...

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It directly replaces your number.
ie, your old number is deleted, gone, forever and the three numbers becomes your "new" number.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16