Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you really want to cancel your contract you will have to pay your monthly tariff x how many months left you have remaining on your contract
Message 31 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

We'll see.....it seems like others on here have been offered termination of contract without penalty. 

I don't want to leave o2......but sitting here now in Kemptown my Blackberry is a useless piece of plastic and metal. To get any messages/email I have to go up to the top floor and hang the phone out of the window in the vague hope that it will pick up some signal for long enough to download the data. 

And this for a flat rate of £48/month

Message 32 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lack of signal isn't really grounds to cancel without penalty, if you read the t&c it says O2 aren't at fault if a mast goes down as it is beyond their control
Message 33 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 may well offer an early cancellation if they can't cover an area that was previously covered.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 34 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the point you are making, but luckily I don't have to convince you....sorry I don't mean this to sound rude! Experience tells me that anyone can write what they want in their T's and C's but, if push comes to shove, commercial considerations will override them.

The fact is that I control the destiny of several phones for my colleagues working throughout the country....our spend isn't massive (around £500/month) but big enough for me not to worry too much about the 5 months left on my contract.

I would live with it if the mast was broken and they were in the process of repair. However, everything points to them being unable to provide a service here for several months. My business cannot live with that.

Message 35 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It helps if you can show who you are responding to.

The "Quote" facility helps.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 36 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK- I will bear it in mind, but in view of my impending kicking of o2 into touch it is unlikely that I will be using this forum too much in the future.

Thanks anyway for letting me air my views on here......much less violent than kicking the proverbial cat.

Message 37 of 173

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's a pity we can't be more help.

Message 38 of 173

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Personally I think you have good grounds to terminate the contract without penalty. You do need to start with an official complaint though which would be my next course of action.

Message 39 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am grateful that some reponse has come from o2 on this but the info that Abs has given is limited and contradicts previous mails - I can see no evidence that any work has started at the top of the Thomas Kemp Tower which would necessitate removal of a mast from there as mentioned by earlier posters. Surely the helipad won't be contructed until the later stages of the project?

On a replaceent mast, I assume any negotiations with the council will take some time, time which i really don't have so I will need to change provider.

Dave F - what did they say about you finishing your contract early - assuming that you did? Did you go into the shop or contact them by phone? Unfortunately I have a number of colleagues phones linked to mine which I will also have to change, I guess. A load of hassle I can do without.

Finbar, I'm out of contract mate, requested my PAC code over the phone and in the process of switching.

O2 have made no effort to keep me so it's not a big loss to them. I'll come back to O2 later. Voda have the same simplicity plans and the wife has full signal here in the flat so time to move back to Voda.

Nice of Abs from O2 to step in after a 2 weeks. I can't see the mast being fixed anytime in the next 48hrs.

I'm actually gutted to be giving money back to Voda. GifGaf was my next move but they are run by O2 so that sucks.

Good luck all!

Message 40 of 173