Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
looks as though we no more than O2 lol
Message 51 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
This isn't true. I went into the 02 shop today to try and get the facts about cancelling my contract due to this. The assistant was quite frank with me and said it would be weeks, although not months before any kind of solution is found. They are looking at using the Vodafone mast on the hospital but have to get Vodafone to change the frequencies they use to do this. No plans at all for a new mast and even if there were you would hardly be looking at Friday. The planning application alone is a Byzantine bureaucracy to negotiate.
Message 52 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodafone & O2 are doing a mast sharing agreement so if Vodafone is putting up new masts, more than likely they will put o2's kit on as well
Message 53 of 173

gasman2
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Careful about cancelling your direct debit, juliancosmos. They have you by your balls and you will get no end of trouble if you do that. Better to persist with their own customer relations people (for what it is worth) and rack it up internally as much as you can. Or go to Which. Is there a telecoms ombudsman? It is an appallingly bad service when one is tied in to a contract without any service delivery, and where they are so hopeless (for a communications company) about giving any credible information to their own shop staff let alone the consumer. Is anyone from O2 following this. If you are, I hope you are ashamed to work for such an outfit. Are you based in Staffordshire?
I hope the Vodafone mast is not on the tower. Otherwise it will be going too I would think. Mind you, I still don't believe that there will be a helipad any time in the foreseeable future.
At least the Trust does look as though it will be doing something for clinical staff at least. They want to know who has been affected, and perhaps they will be providing us with a Vodafone mobile.
Message 54 of 173

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Those that are unhappy please just follow the correct complaints procedures and once you have done all you can via customer services use the complaints review service, then and only then after 8 weeks of deadlock can you go to the ombudsman just search complaints on the main o2 website.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

and

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 55 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the Trust had an available get-out clause with removing the masts, and went with it. I'm contracting in IT at the hospital atm, and even with wifi access TuGo is useless, I can get SMS's but calls are a no-go.
If O2 had forewarning of this, which they would have, _something_ should have been done. Temporary mast, agreement with the trust that it could be decommissioned once an alternative in place, not just removing it and leaving hundreds of people without signal.

Message 56 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update of internal hospital news: 

"The Trust are currently in discussions with O2 about ways to speed up the return of signal coverage to the hospital. We do not yet have a date for when this will be possible.

The problem was caused by O2 taking down the mast on top of the Thomas Kemp Tower. In September 2011 they were given eighteen months notice by the Trust of the need to remove it. When O2 cleared the mast they did not inform the Trust of any problems this would cause with coverage."

O2 had 2 years to sort something out. wink

Message 57 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
how they thought removing a mast off a 15story building would have no effect on a densely built up area is beyond me after all it was put there for good reason high up and covers a large area don't need to be a telecoms engineer to work that one out
Message 58 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now written to the complaints department at 02

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe...

three Brighton & Hove councillors

http://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx?XXR=0&AC=POSTCODE&sPC=bn2%201at

and the Argus.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/contactus/contactus/

Something must be done!!!

You should all do the same.

I will not stand for having no phone reception - my job relies on it.

Message 59 of 173

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi guys,

Just want to update this thread with latest info,

We are progressing several options with the utmost urgency in order to restore full service as quickly as possible. We have the resources ready but cannot do anything without the appropriate legal permissions which we are pursuing with the highest priority. Again we apologise to those customers affected but can reassure them that we are absolutely committed to resolving this as soon as we can.  

Thanks, Abs

Message 60 of 173