Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As it's been over 2 years since the mast was decommissioned I would have thought any plans to add another mast would have been implemented by now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 161 of 173

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 162 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Is it Brighton and Hove, the area u are in ? BN2 covers too much to be able to know what mast u have near u

Message 163 of 173

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
BN2 5BE
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 164 of 173

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
BN1 (seafront) is working as it always has. In fact the beach in front of our house has 4g now grin it's a shame that it doesn't work indoors for us, as we're in the basement. But WiFi and TuGo sorts that out.

I can't see me ever switching from o2 whilst I'm living here, it's perfect for all our needs!

Message 165 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

got it @MI5 wink

nearest mast/cellsite 0.586 km, nothing reported...although it's an area that is getting 4G...

But there are a few problems nearby...

Brighton west pier- quite a few outages, problems reported,there is a full one scheduled so my guess is that they are just finishing the 4G upgrades (my personal opinion!)

Brighton central-also a few outages, again upgrade area

Hove Front- upgrade, intermittent, also with a planned outage

The only really bad one is about 2 miles from there with everything down and not part of the upgrades.

that one is dragging because we are waiting on a third party supplier to be able to restore the service.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 166 of 173

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
So the working ones most likely overloaded then....

Currently using:
Message 167 of 173

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Common problem these days 😕

Message 168 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

more like all being upgraded...not much consolation now but after this it should be really good from what I've seen slight_smile

Message 169 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it is more likely the loss of the mast from the Thomas Kemp tower that has caused the problem. Same problem the first time it was taken down, same problem since it has gone again (as far as I am aware).
Message 170 of 173