Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well. 
I joined O2, initially (during the joining process) everything went well. Until.... the switch from Orange to O2 happened.

I live in the BN2 postcode (Kemp Town telephone exchange - Lewes Road area). It's an urban area, not the wilderness.

I have no 3G on the ground floor of my house and very sketchy signal upstairs.

I could live with that as I have WiFi.

However, I have no BASIC TELEPHONE SIGNAL either. Which means that the only way to use my phone is via the TU GO App. 

By the time my phone was dispatched and delivered (over a weekend) I had 2 days to cancel - I didn't because I'm in the process of selling my house and those 2 days were crucial and I needed to be contactable when away from a landline. So now I'm stuck with a network that offers really rubbish coverage for the next 2 years. 

I don't even know if I'll get signal in the house I'm trying to buy - according to the map I should, but according to the map I should get signal in my current house, too.

How can one of the UK's biggest networks have such rubbish coverage? And why?

Message 151 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have 7 working days to cancel from the day after you get the phone.

It's always wide to check for the signal before changing networks.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 152 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the O2 shop and they checked and because my number took 3 days to be transferred from Orange (instead of the 24 hours I was told initially - maybe because it was across a weekend?) I had 2 days. Received phone on Friday - number only started to work at about 6 PM on Monday. 

By Tuesday PM I started to worry and went to the O2 shop. Effectively I would have had to cancel by Thursday, leaving me barely 2 days to make a decision, at a time when, as I said before, I really needed to be contactable on my number. 

The TU Go app is something, but I still find it staggering that a major network like O2 has such poor signal in an urban area like Brighton.

Trust me I won't make that mistake again - I had taken good signal for granted. Now I have 2 years of this to enjoy.

Message 153 of 173

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There have been many posts in the forum of people having difficulty porting over from Orange, and I believe that the faults have mostly been from Orange, so you can't really blame O2 for that. I can understand your dismay with the signal you're getting, and I agree it should be better, but in fairness, taking the signal strength for granted and not doing your homework can't really be down to O2. Had you looked in the forum before you switched you would have been aware of the problem. This thread has been going since last March.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 154 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't, and I admit it's my fault for not checking but I took it for granted that in an urban area I'd have signal - after 13 years with Orange I just stupidly assumed slight_frown

Message 155 of 173

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's very unfortunate for you, and for everyone in your local area. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 156 of 173

gasman2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The word is (not from O2 of course) that the mast is coming down again in one month's time. However they are going to put a mast up at the race course. Let's hope it covers Kemp Town and the hospital. 

Message 157 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
yes the heli pad is going ahead I thought O2 already have a mast on the race hill ?
Message 158 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi all the mast has been removed from the Thomas kemp tower again hope your still getting a signal 😞
Message 159 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have no signal in the vast majority of my main working areas in the hospital. No cellular data or access to wifi either, so can't even use TU Go 😞
Any plans to improve things?
Message 160 of 173