cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought phone on Pay as you go, o2 support messing me about?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a HTC One on pay as you go on the 12th of April, received an email confirmation telling me my order would be delivered by Saturday (Before noon as this is what I paid for)

Saturday comes and goes by, no phone. Contact o2 support via Live chat, who soon tell me that the phone was out of stock when I purchased it. Me slightly pissed that no one told me, accepted it and was told that the phone would shortly be back in stock.

On Sunday, I contacted them again, and was told that the order was out of stock but IN STOCK for previously placed orders, which included mine, so the person I spoke to on on chat said the phone would be sent to me before the week is over; 

Gurchain: I'm glad to inform you that this phone is back into stock for the orders those have already been placed.
Gurchain: So,I've contacted them personally and arranged the delivery of your order on the highest priority:)
Me: So when should I expect it? And does it say its back in stock for me? 
Me: Thank you so much 
Gurchain: My Pleasure:)

^ I also had this conversation sent to me.

After this, because I was so inpatient, I decided to contact them again, this time I had to speak to 3 different support members because the chat kept getting disconnected. All of the support members told me that the phone was OUT OF STOCK and that my order wasn't complete because of this. Me being really irritated at this point decided to ask for the supervisor who also confirmed what the others said.

Soon after the chat was cut off and I had to start a new live chat with someone who told me that the phone was out of stock when I purchased it but because I purchased it before they ran out, I should be getting the phone within two days (I had asked for a copy to be sent to my email but it never was) 

So today I had to contact a support member again because I had 2/3 emails sent to me confirming my order and was just confused about it all. 

O2 - Penelope: Due to some technical problems so many handsets has been returned to the warehouse. 
O2 - Penelope: That's because its not in stock. 
Me: So it'll be in stock in 2-3 days? When can I expect delivery then?
O2 - Penelope: Once it'll be in stock, we'll dispatch you on highest priority. 
O2 - Penelope: As I'm not from the concerning team I can't comment you the exact time scale. 
Me: Will it definitely be delivered before the end of next week?
O2 - Penelope: Yes definitely, it won't take so long.

After this chat, I had contacted another support member because I was really confused on why all the support members were telling me different things. This time support told me that the phone was indeed out of stock and were unsure of when they'd be getting it in.

So my question is, why can't anyone tell me whether they have the phone in stock or not and why do all the support teams give me different answers? 

I am so unsure of if/when they'll even send my phone off, I really don't want to cancel my order, can someone please help me? 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it an option to buy your handset from an 02 High-street Shop, and cancel the online order ?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

First off, stop using the chat option of contacting O2. As you can see from the broken English and google-translate type of answers, chat is outsourced and information for sales queries is next to useless.

Speak to the O2 sales team who can give you the true details of your order. Contact details can be found in the contact link here: Contact

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well what is the point of having a support team if they are rubbish at helping customers? 

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well what is the point of having a support team if they are rubbish at helping customers? 

Thats the very same question we've been asking for ages Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Join the long queue friend, maybe they might start listening to us. Contact cs on 202 to enquire about your order
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it an option to buy your handset from an 02 High-street Shop, and cancel the online order ?
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not really an option for me, purchasing on line was the easiest way for me.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough.

Unfortunately then you will have to run with what your advised.

Hope you receive your handset shortly.

Please let us know when you get your hands on it and if it was worth the wait.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it doesn't look like I'll be getting the phone. On Saturday, I had ANOTHER email from o2 confirming my order, so I checked my account today only to see that the order was actually CANCELLED. No one even bothered to email me or text/call me. Instead they send me a confirmation email.
How great of o2.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
This sounds like very bad service and a major mess up by live chat yet again when are O2 going to learn these idiots are losing them customers
Message 10 of 12