Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

Saturday rang up, agreed a new contract with the HTC Desire, happy that they said the phone was in stock.

Rang back again today to check on disptach... "Oh no the phone isnt in stock till Friday, You're on back order"

Gutted,it will be next Monday now i have to wait to get my hands on my new phone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Boo O2 customer service

Saturday rang up, agreed a new contract with the HTC Desire, happy that they said the phone was in stock.
Rang back again today to check on disptach... "Oh no the phone isnt in stock till Friday, You're on back order"
Gutted,it will be next Monday now i have to wait to get my hands on my new phone.

Nothing to do with customer service!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

So it's nothing to do with Customer service that I was told the phone was in stock when it wasnt.... how so?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

So it's nothing to do with Customer service that I was told the phone was in stock when it wasnt.... how so?

You are upset about the delay, nothing else seems apparent, unless you want to elaborate just to prove me wrong.

You came here to moan to other O2 customers about O2's stock levels, of one of their best selling models. It happens, moan noted.

I am confused as to why you rang back on the Monday to check despatch? You would have been given despatch details on the Saturday and told that next day delivery, if in stock, would be on Tuesday. Was it a premonition that made you ring on the the Monday?

Sadly, I don't think you will see the phone until Next Monday or Tuesday if the Friday stock replenishment is correct.

We have seen this story many times and it is not the fault of the O2 staff, just one of the many rusty O2 systems.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

Yes I am upset by the delay after being told by o2 that the phone was in stock. I called again on Monday because I hadnt received my DHL tracking number. I was then told that the phone wasn't actually in stock.

So up until that phonecall which I made as far as I was aware I would of been receiving the phone as agreed.

It wasn't a case on the Saturday I was told if the phone was in stock. I was told that it was in stock and it would be with me either yesterday or today at the latest.

Computer system or not, human error or not it still boils down to customer service.
Customer service is the service that the customer receives, And aside from polite staff when I have rang O2, I feel that the mis information from them regarding the stock is poor. As I explained on the phone on the Saturday I could have gone the shop in town and got the phone that day.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

Yes I am upset by the delay after being told by o2 that the phone was in stock. I called again on Monday because I hadnt received my DHL tracking number. I was then told that the phone wasn't actually in stock.
So up until that phonecall which I made as far as I was aware I would of been receiving the phone as agreed.
It wasn't a case on the Saturday I was told if the phone was in stock. I was told that it was in stock and it would be with me either yesterday or today at the latest.
Computer system or not, human error or not it still boils down to customer service.
Customer service is the service that the customer receives, And aside from polite staff when I have rang O2, I feel that the mis information from them regarding the stock is poor. As I explained on the phone on the Saturday I could have gone the shop in town and got the phone that day.

Systems are fallable, it happens. I was told 5-6 days for my iP4 to arrive, it was in my hands 18hrs later. Stock changes continually.

I assume you spoke to "Upgrades" or "Retentions" as O2 forums have not heard from you since you last posted about stock and delivery issues back in early 2009. Does this mean that when you get your Desire we won't hear from you for a couple of years? Smiley Happy

You are allowed to post the positive as well as the negative, should you wish to.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

Well maybe I haven't posted for awhile because I've not had any issues elsewhere with regards to o2.
There is obviously a reason why I've stayed with them for so long and that's because I've not really experienced any major issues with them.

So there we go a positive.
Smiley Very Happy
Maybe it's my customer service background that causes me to expect better. All I can say is that whilst I was on the phone I was polite as always to the people I was speaking too, rather than ranting and raving like a madman.

How you finding the IP4?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

Well maybe I haven't posted for awhile because I've not had any issues elsewhere with regards to o2.
There is obviously a reason why I've stayed with them for so long and that's because I've not really experienced any major issues with them.
So there we go a positive.
Smiley Very Happy
Maybe it's my customer service background that causes me to expect better. All I can say is that whilst I was on the phone I was polite as always to the people I was speaking too, rather than ranting and raving like a madman.
How you finding the IP4?

You see, what I am trying to show is that your real disappointment is with the fact that you don't have your phone in your hands, rather than the fact they never told you this on Saturday.

I reckon, even if they did tell you it was out of stock, you would have been equally as gutted and may even have given consideration to another handset.

When we take what is normally a considerable amount of time to select the next handset, the clock is already running in our heads. By the time we get to ordering it, we want it yesterday. We all understand your frustration and if anybody in here says otherwise they are not human.

These boards are full of my opinions on the iP4. I am fortunate that I have a SIM free Desire and the iP4 to compare.

In summary I much prefer the iP4 and my wife, who once loved her Desire, now wants the iP4.

I am not sure whether you want to hear this or not, but you are in the drivers seat at the moment and I will always be honest.

af
Highlighted
Anonymous

Boo O2 customer service

My choice was between the iPhone 3gs and the Desire - I went for the Desire mainly because it was cheaper per month.
I've spent a few months agonising over which phone to get and in the end i've plummed for the Desire.

You're right I am gutted that I dont have my phone right now.

But who knows maybe the stock will arrive sooner than expected.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Also Waiting

I am also waiting for my Desire to arrive which I had ordered last Wednesday which was cancelled by o2 because they put the wrong delivery address but never mind. So I re-ordered on Friday and was told that the device would turn up Monday or Tuesday... Still no phone so I'm not gonna hold my breath for delivery today