Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt-on confusion

JamesMK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There seem to be two bolt-ones with similar names: O2 Travel (which covers countries like Hong-Kong for £4.99/day) and O2 Travel Inclusive Zone (which doesn't). I have an email from O2 confirming I am on the first one (which is what I need) but my account details show I have the other one (confirmed by a chat bot). I don't know which source to believe but need to be sure before I receive an unexpected bill (not for the first time with O2!). 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Splendid slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

PhilC
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just jumping onto this thread with apologies but my question is broadly similar..

On my contract, my bolt ons are listed as O2 Travel and also O2 Inclusive Travel - ie two separate bolt ons

On my wife's contract she only has the O2 Travel bolt on listed, so I am assuming that she will have to pay £4.99 a day to use her phone when we go to the US next week?

Not sure why the difference as we have similar contracts - both taken out via CPW so not Refresh tariffs. Can't understand why there would be different roaming allowances. We both previously had contracts with O2 but now have them through CPW

Any ideas?
Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Yes, she will have to pay the daily rate.
The inclusive option came with tariffs over a certain amount of data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 16

PhilC
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the speedy reply. I guessed as much as she was always on a 1gb SIM only contract when we dealt directly with o2 whereas mine was a 2gb Refresh contract. She now has a 3gb contract via CPW and I had a 6gb contract (just upgraded to 30gb) - also through CPW

Surprised my Inclusive bolt-on wasn't cancelled when I came off the Refresh as that seems to be a condition, looking at the details section, but maybe it's a historic allowance which once in place is left there

It's only a 5 day trip so I suppose the £25 or so for using her phone over there is not the end of the world!

Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Travel and travel inclusive aren't unique to refresh tariffs.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16