Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt-on confusion

JamesMK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There seem to be two bolt-ones with similar names: O2 Travel (which covers countries like Hong-Kong for £4.99/day) and O2 Travel Inclusive Zone (which doesn't). I have an email from O2 confirming I am on the first one (which is what I need) but my account details show I have the other one (confirmed by a chat bot). I don't know which source to believe but need to be sure before I receive an unexpected bill (not for the first time with O2!). 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The O2 Travel Inclusive gives you everything that O2 Travel gives you but includes further international countries. You need to be on a Refresh contract with 20GB tariff or above if I recall correctly, to get the Inclusive. What tariff are you on?

Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JamesMK 

The only difference is that with travel inclusive, you don't pay the £4.99 a day.

If your MyO2 says you have O2 travel, that is what you have.

Never trust chat to get it right either.

Guide: O2 Contract with O2 Travel Inclusive (75 Free Countries) and (33 x ¬£4.99 per day Countries) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JamesMK 

For Hong Kong you need O2 TRAVEL. It's not a country covered in the Inclusive bolt on

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

If you've got a Pay Monthly sim, text O2TRAVELto 23336.

Before you travel I would give customer services a call to ensure you have no roaming bars applied to you account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

And that you have the correct APN set for roaming data (PAYG VS Pay Monthly, or iPhone vs any other phone)... 

Message 5 of 16

JamesMK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have now managed to get the bolt-on that my contract says I have. It would have been a lot clearer if O2 had explained the differences between bolt-ons before I signed up.

There are differences in the countries covered and as I have found out - some confusion as to which one comes with which tariff.

Message 6 of 16

JamesMK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Beware that there are differences in the countries covered!
Message 7 of 16

JamesMK
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Absolutely right - my confusion was that I have an email saying I have it, and My o2 saying I've not. A call to customer services and I have now had it added anyway.
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @JamesMK thumbsup