Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Bolt on Price issue - Unlimited Data replaced with 500mb

I received a text message from O2 informing me that my unlimited data plan was now ending and I was moving to a 500MB package. I have since read on these forums that its happened to others.
I checked my Bolt Ons page and have since discovered that on the Add Bolt Ons section I can get 500MB for a fiver and a 1Gig for a tenner. Surely this is dishonest of O2 to alter my data limit yet charge more than they are offering as default?
Anonymous

Re: Bolt on Price issue - Unlimited Data replaced with 500mb

I'm not sure I've got the strength to go through this again! In summary.
You only have cause for complaint if you took out your contract before June24 and have not changed your tariff since then.
Does that describe your situation? If so, what did O2 say when you asked them?
Anonymous

@prking
My issue is not with the data limit change - its the price setting.
In any case I have emailed O2 to find out if there is a difference between the bolt on I have (500MB for £10) listed and the alternative offer of 500MB for £5. Apart from the obvious price because if not I will just switch bolt ons.
Anonymous

This is because of the tariff you're on, if you're on a tariff that gives you less than 300 minutes then the web bolt-on is £10.
Anonymous

@wanty
Thanks for explaining
Highlighted
Anonymous

@prking
My issue is not with the data limit change - its the price setting.
In any case I have emailed O2 to find out if there is a difference between the bolt on I have (500MB for £10) listed and the alternative offer of 500MB for £5. Apart from the obvious price because if not I will just switch bolt ons.

Do you know, you didn't mention that you were querying the cost of your bolt-on? You could have had an answer earlier if you'd asked the question.
Anonymous

I accept that there are limits to data allowance now. What I find annoying is that:
1. 500mb is a measly limit, charging a fiver for anything less than 1gb is greedy tbh. I often use more than the 500mb allowed, especially as I live rurally and broadband isn't available, or the free wireless access, which is why I tether my mobile and use that. I don't want the earth, but equally, I don't want to have to keep adding another £10 to my monthly bill to get a measly 1gb of data allowance.
2. No allowance is made for unused minutes on a tariff. I would like to see excess minutes converted into megabytes of allowance for the next month. I use no more than 20 - 50 minutes of 300 on this tariff every month, why can't there be some recompense for this, considering I am paying regardless?
So yeah, by all means have data limits, but be a bit fairer with pricing please.
Anonymous

Tethering your mobile without a tethering bolt-on is outside of your terms and conditions and next time they do a scan for people doing this you'll find yourself without any data at all.
500mb while using your phone for the internet is perfectly enough.
Anonymous

I accept that there are limits to data allowance now. What I find annoying is that:
1. 500mb is a measly limit, charging a fiver for anything less than 1gb is greedy tbh. I often use more than the 500mb allowed, especially as I live rurally and broadband isn't available, or the free wireless access, which is why I tether my mobile and use that. I don't want the earth, but equally, I don't want to have to keep adding another £10 to my monthly bill to get a measly 1gb of data allowance.
2. No allowance is made for unused minutes on a tariff. I would like to see excess minutes converted into megabytes of allowance for the next month. I use no more than 20 - 50 minutes of 300 on this tariff every month, why can't there be some recompense for this, considering I am paying regardless?
So yeah, by all means have data limits, but be a bit fairer with pricing please.

Why dont you get a mobile broadband dongle?