cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt On and 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was talking to a Guru via the chat earlier regarding my new phone and 4g as I used my monthly allowance yesterday (5mb) and they advised me to get this bundle 

2GB data
4G ready
750 minutes
2000 texts
Our sims fit all devices

3GB for the price of 2GB, for three months. Ends 1 Feb.

Top up

£15

I am the owner of a Family Bolt on that charges me 12 pound something a month, just need to know will I get charged for the bolt on and the data package above or do they both work in tandem with one another? Guru said it will not affect the bolt on but I am not sure. Any advice?? Thank you

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You will be charged for both ie. £15 for the tariff bundle and £12.76 for the Family bolt on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You will be charged for both ie. £15 for the tariff bundle and £12.76 for the Family bolt on.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, the family bolt on will be added to your tarrif but make sure it has been added by checking in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well after two online chats, this page and a phone call it is 2-2 lol

Two o2 gurus say Family Bolt on is included, the other one agrees with this forum and it is an extra payment, jeesh all I want is the bolt on and a cheap 4g tariff is it that hard for them? lol 

Are there any o2 4g sim only deals cheap that I can add on to the bolt on? Currently looking at 22 quid (I get half the bolt on back from family member as they have 4 contacts in it)

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Surely you can add the bolt on to any of the tariffs?
That's the whole point of it being a "bolt on" !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

They can add the big bundle sim but that will cost another 15 pound a month, I am only needing 4g as the only people I text and call are the family that are in the bolt on.  

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'm a bit confused by what you are wanting tbh.
Is it just a data allowance?
If so how much, but they all come with a call and text allowance anyway, it's just the amounts that vary.
Anyway, you choose a tariff to suit your needs (go for the cheapest) then add the family bolt on to it - that's all there is to it.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

So IF I went for this big bundle at 15 a month that will allow me to add the family bolt on with no extra cost? I am after 4g as I only get 5mb a month on my current payg sim and I used all that the first afternoon lol

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Well not exactly, you still have to pay for the bolt on.
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...)
Are you sure you only get 5mb ?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9