Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: Bogus 999 day top up rule is NOT in the T&Cs

Perfick! Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Great stuff! Everyone remember though, you must make or receive a chargeable call every 6 months to avoid being disconnected.
Anonymous

I came across this post by accident and thank goodness i did. I just want to thank you for this info as we had the same problem.My husband has an emergency phone which had plenty credit but was disconnected. I called and was told to top up every 6mths and make at least one call in this time, consequently we have built up a load of credit on this phone, we rarely use the phone, maybe just the odd text, so when i saw the post i got in touch with o2 and they have now given the bulk of the credit to the phone we use all the time and confirmed that it is 999 days between top up, thanks for posting this Smiley Very Happy

Last May I too found my phone disconnected - for the second time. The first occasion was because I hadn't made a 'chargeable' call within the past six months - I had understood that texts counted as 'chargeable' but the mistake was my own. In May I was disconnected because I hadn't topped up £10 in the previous six months. I only use my phone for absolute emergencies as the call charges are astronomical and had never been called upon to top up within a given period in the past. I was also told that I had lost my number and my large credit; I therefore raised a complaint. I received an email and a phone call at home to tell me that indeed I had to top up at least £10 every six months as well as making at least one chargeable call. I was told to check the terms and conditions on the O2 site. This I did but can find no mention of being disconnected owing to lack of top-up. I was apparently very fortunate that my credit was reinstated to the new SIM I received but, of course, I had the inconvenience of losing my old and long-standing number.
In my view, the terms and conditions MUST be changed to reflect the alteration that has been made since I first joined BT Cellnet many years ago - I had no way of knowing that I would be disconnected if I didn't top up but now have an overly large balance in my phone that I would lose should the phone be lost or stolen. It seems daft to make random, very expensive calls simply to use up credit doesn't it? (My tariff is 'Talkalot' which I don't).
The latest news is all good but do I trust it? :womanindifferent:
Fox
Anonymous

Morgan 1 o2 0!
Anonymous

Glad I have helped a few people and took the trouble to show what O2 were up to. Unfortunately there a countless other customers who were left with their spare emergency car phones diconnected when they needed them the most.
I wasn't helped in making this wider known by some on this forum who seem to not like it when someone seems to know a bit more than they do.