O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Anonymous

Bogus 999 day top up rule is NOT in the T&Cs

I am hoping to help people who have been told by CS that they have been disconnected because you have not topped up in 999 days. You may not have topped up but if you have a large credit and you only use it for emergencies why should you have to. This is happening to lots of people who have a phone in the car and use it at least every 6 months as per T&Cs and then find their phone diconnected when they come try and use it.
They phone CS as I did and they are told they can be reconnected with all the credit but will be disconnected again if they do not top up within 24hrs £10 minimum.
I have complained successfully to ComplaintReviewService@O2.COM and asked for all my credit back in a cheque and compensation.
I have also asked for O2 to contact all the people they have done this to as they have basically broken their contract and left them in a situation where they think have an emergency phone and they haven't.
Also please don't listen to forum members who seem to be telling everyone involved in this situation that there is a T&C for this. There isn't and spreading it around that ther eis is giving credence to the O2 scam.
I will just add that the CS advisors are not intentionally ripping us off - it seems their managment is telling them that this is the case.
The only reason the management is doing it is to get the phone numbers back as there is a shortage.
Anonymous

Can I ask you to clarify two things? You say you have been successful in a complaint to the review service. What exactly did they say? This could be helpful to other people.
Secondly, where did you find the 'lots of people' who have been disconnected? Going from what's posted on here it seems to have only affected a handful.
Anonymous

I've just checked the terms and conditions supplied with my SIM. One of the reasons that the service may be disconnected is if other terms and conditions are not followed. Two of the terms say that regular top-ups are required. So I would say that not only is the requirement to top-up in the terms and conditions, but also that every 999 days is a very lenient definition of regularly.
I think the solution would be for the terms to explicitly say regular top-ups means 999days.
Anonymous

999 days

What could they say I have explained how they tried to wriggle out of it.When they couldn't find the T&C they tried to say I hadn't made any calls before the Dec 09 call. When I contacted CS after this they said I had made no calls on the phone at all. My suspicion is that they tried to wipe out my call log with just the latest call left but this not possible (Ex Bt & Mercury ).
I say lots because if you search "999 days top up O2" you will find about 20 or so. Logic says that not everyone puts the fact on the internet or complains as you see from the posts. They didn't deny the extent of the problem either.
As for getting a sim telling you to top up regularly I am not talking about Simplicity or anything like that and I say again look at the online T&Cs on the O2 website.
One of the complaints team even said that it was a new rule and it hadn't been put in the T&Cs yet so that is why I had the problem. She then went on to say it had been changed to 9999 days !!!!!
Anonymous

I'm afraid you've completely lost me with that rambling answer. Good luck with whatever you want to happen.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

You seem to be confusing yourself, as prking explained you have to make "regular" top ups to maintain your sim card.

Nearly 3 years is more than a reasonable period to expect you to top up.

I think a company could realistically say that you had abandoned the sim if you haven't topped it up in that time space.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

999 days

You add terms and conditions that are not there if you want. I am not trying to help people like you - it would be very difficult with your outlook

Just trying to understand your complaint.

You have said they are returning any outstanding credit, so all you will lose is the number.

Hardly grounds for a campaign is it?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

What do you think of Vodafone's?

6.2 Where the Mobile Equipment is suspended because you have chosen not to use the Services (as defined in 6.1(c) above) for a period of 180 days, we will, on request and within 90 days of suspension reconnect the Services and make any previous credit held on your account at time of suspension available. If you have not kept to this Agreement or not used the Services for 270 days, and we disconnect the Mobile Equipment, any credit held on your account will be forfeited.

6.3 We will try and tell you when we suspend, restrict or end your use, but we are not required to.

Anonymous

Re: Bogus 999 day top up rule is NOT in the T&Cs

After complaining I have just been told that the 999 days have been extended to 25 years!