cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking "Unknown" number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Done a google search but the suggestions for blocking unwanted calls are simply to block the Number which I already knew, but what I cant find out is how to block a number that comes up as "Unknown" on my phone.

I've been pestered by this for months and even when answering and telling them to bugger off they keep ringing back (PPI usually), is there anyway to block "Unknown" callers?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144994 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Some phones have the feature built in and again, depending on phone there may be an app available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

I don't believe there is, as some legitimate companies or individuals withold their numbers. I doubt that any network can do that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
One other option is to ask O2 to change your mobile number which is free the first time.

Or ask for their company details and draw up a complaint e mail.

Try here too.

It may or may not help.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/mobile/index.html

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144994 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Some phones have the feature built in and again, depending on phone there may be an app available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4