cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Premium Rate Numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been advised by an O2 sales assistant that a block can be put on my O2 account to stop me (or anyone who steals my phone) from calling premium rate numbers.

She also said that this block was enabled on my account, but could not explain how I could see this feature on the O2 'My O2' web site. I have logged onto my account on the O2 web site but can not find it anywhere. Does anyone know where it can be viewed (i.e. enabled or disabled)?

Thanks

Hilary

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can't view it on your account.  If O2 say they have disabled it then take their advice.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can't view it on your account.  If O2 say they have disabled it then take their advice.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not the most scientific way to find out but perhaps try dialling one of the premium numbers to see if it dials out or not.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You'll have to trust them....
It always used to default to off anyway but for some reason has now changed.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Not the most scientific way to find out but perhaps try dialling one of the premium numbers to see if it dials out or not.

Could prove costly...best option is not to call them.  Always check a number if you aren't sure. Google is your friend. 

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Could prove costly...best option is not to call them.  Always check a number if you aren't sure. Google is your friend. 

If the feature is applied it shouldn't actually allow the call - never mind connect - so no cost should occur. 

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

And if the cost of the call turns up on the OP's bill, he'll know which Community member who advised him to try the number to send it on to for payment.

slight_smile  

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

And if the cost of the call turns up on the OP's bill, he'll know which Community member who advised him to try the number to send it on to for payment.

slight_smile  

too right....

Message 9 of 9