cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked IP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Can I ask if the following IP address is blocked by O2:

It is a server in the US hosted by GoDaddy for a Mobile Game called The Infinite Black.

The Forums which are located on the same IP can be accessed but the game itself cannot connect.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have contacted the Game Admin and according to them if I can see the forum (which I can) then the IP is not blocked. What they are suggesting is that there is some form of bandwidth throttling that prevents me connecting when the first packets of data are sent from the server. The network sees too much data and cuts the connection. Is bandwidth throttling carried out by O2?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Their is this link but it seems to be to have been down for a while now !

http://urlchecker.o2.co.uk/

Another help link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification

Perhaps send your feedback via the e mail facility https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

You could always use twitter to tweet the issue.

Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have contacted the Game Admin and according to them if I can see the forum (which I can) then the IP is not blocked. What they are suggesting is that there is some form of bandwidth throttling that prevents me connecting when the first packets of data are sent from the server. The network sees too much data and cuts the connection. Is bandwidth throttling carried out by O2?

Message 3 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer. Never had this problem with Vodafone, what can be done to solve this?

Message 5 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can try changing your apn to:
Username "bypass"
Password "faster"
but not sure if these still work or not.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHA , very good Smiley LOL. Oh well, thanks for the help anyway guys.

Message 7 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Take care.
Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Was there ever any more to this.  I play the same game, recently joined o2 and am none too happy i cant play this on 3g.

I cant being to explain how little data is used, so not sure why this would be blocked

Message 9 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Was there ever any more to this.  I play the same game, recently joined o2 and am none too happy i cant play this on 3g.

I cant being to explain how little data is used, so not sure why this would be blocked

The only way to get an official answer/explanation is to contact CS and ask why......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 36