cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted phone, due to fraude on my account, impossible to resolve??

Sylvia1980
Level 3: Thinker
  • 61 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So. On Tuesday I noticed that I had 'no service' on my iphone 6. I was in the zoo so couldn't do anything, but as soon as I got home, I went on the 02 chat and explained the problem. Turned out that someone had reported my phone lost and requested a new sim, all without my knowledge. I have reported this to the police. I was send a new sim due to security reasons and was told my phone would work again, as soon as I would put the new sim in.

I received my new sim on Thursday and it wasn't working. Back to the online chat and apparentely there were bars on my account which had to be removed. 24 hours later still no luck. I went to the apple store where they restored my iphone and did a diagnostics test - nothing wrong with the headset. The apple person told me to go to the o2 shop and tell them to remove the block.

And so I did. The lady checked everything and I was told my phone was bar-free and should work in 24 hours.

Again nothing. Still no service.

This time I spoke to someone at customer services and to cut a long story short, I was lied too, told the same story. 24 hours later still nothing. Decided to do my own research and found out that my handset is now on the blacklist (I paid £2 for a checkmend report). I have tried to explain this to a customer rep on the chat who assured me everything was absolutely fine with my phone - yes of course, I just made up the whole story! Grrr. Anyway, he then tried to fob me off by telling me to contact customer services by phone, followed by another check and then reassured me my phone was now really unblocked.

Guess what. It still isn't working. I have no working phone. 

So my handset is on the blacklist, not my fault! And nobody at o2 can take it off the blacklist? I have been with o2 for 8 years, never had any issues, but I am far from happy now. I have been treated like a liar and nobody actually even tries to help me.

Any one who could give me direct phonenumber of someone within o2 who can solve my problem??

thanks,

sylvia

Message 1 of 163
162 REPLIES 162

Sylvia1980
  • 61 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No call back today, still not a working phone.

Will call again tomorrow, and ask for a manager straight away.

Message 81 of 163

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It really does need escalating. Hopefully you will get a call from the office of the CEO soon.

Message 82 of 163

Sylvia1980
  • 61 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received a standard automated reply from the CEO's office - that they will call me within 5 days. 

I will call CS again today (I have slept, yay!). Any tips or suggestions on what to say? I was thinking about just asking to speak to a manager straight away. I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am being too nice?

Can someone tag Toby, maybe he has some ideas?

😞

Message 83 of 163

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Sylvia1980 If I was in your shoes I would remain polite but insistent (and slightly despairing). Going on the attack to a new customer advisor never works. Hackles go up immediately.

If they appear to be unable to help then insist on speaking to a manager. Someone somewhere HAS to take ownership for this problem....I wish you the very best of luck (and so glad you managed to get some sleep) wink

I will tag @Toby as you asked me to...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 84 of 163

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Be polite but be assertive?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 85 of 163

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Sylvia1980,

When did you email the CEO's office? Allow them time to respond within the allotted time they provide and if this does not happen, come straight to me and I will escalate this. I must respect the process before I can do this. I hope that makes sense slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 86 of 163

Sylvia1980
Level 3: Thinker
  • 61 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Toby,

yes of course it makes sense slight_smile 

Not sure what to do now though, call CS or wait for them to call me (which is within 5 days). I want to call them though, but no doubt they will tell me it will take 24 hours for the bar to removed again, or that it's a problem with my handset. 

Message 87 of 163

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sylvia1980
  • 61 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll call them. Wish me luck.

Message 89 of 163

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Sylvia1980 The 5 days is for a reply from the CEO's office. Personally I would contact CS again now in the hope someone will get it sorted...

PS. Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 163