cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry z10 wobbly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just switched on to 4G - Ta much O2! But.......my Blackberry Z10 no longer downloads updates via wifi unless i turn OFF data services on 4G, then wifi downloads work fine!

Somehow I dont think that this is what you intended......but over to O2 for a solution!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

Upgrading to 4G in my opinion shouldn't have any effect on how your downloads occur via Wifi.

If what suggests above does not clear the issue which it should as it does sound like a settings issue, then perhaps a soft reset of your handset may clear the issue.

A hard reset possibly does not affect the modem of the phone, but it may help as long as you make a back up first to keep your saved data.

Let is know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Ho @Anonymous , which updates are you having problems with? 

If from BlackBerry World then open BW and pull down the menu from the top, select settings, then Network and Data Limits, and choose 'Use WIFI only'.

Otherwise for phone software updates, I just set mine to not automatically download. 

Sent from my Z10 

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

Upgrading to 4G in my opinion shouldn't have any effect on how your downloads occur via Wifi.

If what suggests above does not clear the issue which it should as it does sound like a settings issue, then perhaps a soft reset of your handset may clear the issue.

A hard reset possibly does not affect the modem of the phone, but it may help as long as you make a back up first to keep your saved data.

Let is know how you get on.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok...... My access to Blackberry World worked flawlessly (using the wifi only setting) until last night when 4G/H+ went active in the Greater Glasgow Area. Blackberry World despite being set as above, continually throws me out to "Please connect to WiFi" despite the phone being already connected.

Unless something has just blown on the phone, it is fibbing. The only change was rebooting the phone to log on to 4G.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try rebooting it again and also refresh your WiFi connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Try resetting the phone again and also reset your router.

Failing that delete (forget) your wifi connection and re-enter it.

I wouldn't have thought that 4G  (or H+ which is 3G) would affect wifi in any way. Different parts of the radio spectrum.

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

Try resetting the phone again and also reset your router.

Failing that delete (forget) your wifi connection and re-enter it.

I wouldn't have thought that 4G  (or H+ which is 3G) would affect wifi in any way. Different parts of the radio spectrum.

Yep, I would suggest removing the wifi connection on your phone (forget the network), switching your router off for 10 minutes and then switch it back on and try and connect again.

You could always try changing the channel number on your router tio see if that makes any difference (its not unheard of).

Two questions for you though:

* Does the phone connect to any other Wifi networks or mobile hotspots? 

* Whats the 4G like in Glasgow? I noticed my girlfriends iPhone picked up a 4G signal in Inchinnan at the weekend!

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.......think it might have been my Sky router/WiFi.....as everything seems to be working now without me doing a thing! Im used to technology sometimes throwing a wobbly, but this was odd!

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread.

I'm glad all is ok now for you.

slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Glad it's sorted for you slight_smile

Message 10 of 10