cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry sold, what happens now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, BB now(possibly) sold, so what happens to us who own a Blackberry if BB are broken up and stop smartphone production and support? Would we be able to get another phone? I hope BB carrys on, as My phone can do most of what other smartphones can do and I like it. But then I am a little older than some smartphone users!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It all depends on whether the buyers (if the deal goes through) are buying to trade Blackberry as a private company and continue with QNX in cars and the Blackberry phones, break up the company, or go on a patent trolling session.

I too hope they survive as a phone manufacturer, I've been using smartphones for over 9 years now going back to Windows Mobile and used most OSes, even the late WebOS and each has their strengths and weaknesses but BB is still regarded as the most secure.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Why would they roll out BBM to iOS and Android if it was shutting its doors.

Odd that the BBM rollout was withdrawn immediately prior to the Fairfax offer Smiley Frustrated

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I dont know what you have read but its not the end of Blackberry.

No need to jump ship just yet  wink

Its a wait and see to what comes out of the ashes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24214301

Message 2 of 4

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It all depends on whether the buyers (if the deal goes through) are buying to trade Blackberry as a private company and continue with QNX in cars and the Blackberry phones, break up the company, or go on a patent trolling session.

I too hope they survive as a phone manufacturer, I've been using smartphones for over 9 years now going back to Windows Mobile and used most OSes, even the late WebOS and each has their strengths and weaknesses but BB is still regarded as the most secure.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Odd that the BBM rollout was withdrawn immediately prior to the Fairfax offer Smiley Frustrated

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Love Conspiracy theories I do.

wink
Message 4 of 4