cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry roaming on PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could anyone confirm whether the Blackberry PAYG Data Roaming Bolt On (£5 for 30 days) still exists please? There used to be reference to it on the webpages for international roaming costs but I cant seem to spot it now? Has it been discontinued?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, sorry about the delay but pay and go is not my area of expertise so had to confirm the inf first. It is still available for BB OS7 and below, the new BB with OS10 don't need it.

Hope this helps slight_smile

To buy the PAYG Blackberry Data Roaming Bolt On:

• Text 'BBROAM' to 21300 (free from mobile)
  • £5 is deducted from Pay & Go top up allowance
  • The bolt on is added onto the customer's account and is confirmed to the customer by SMS

Valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. You can now buy multiple bolt ons if you wish to increase your BlackBerry data roaming allowance (if you are buying the bolt on before you travel you are restricted to one purchase, further purchases can be made once you begin roaming).

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I think it is. I found this

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/blackberry-data-roaming-terms

Can you add it via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 ?

If not you may have to contact CServices http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much for your reply Cleoriff. What I was thinking of was the reference to the Blackberry Data Roaming Bolt On on the pages which gave specific roaming costs for each country. It used to advise texting BBROAM to 21300 (I think) to activate but it seems to have disappeared now with what I think may have been a recent revision to the roaming pages. I had seen the T&C's which have always been there but thank you anyway for your reply. The reference I am thinking of used to state that the Bolt On was not required for more recent Blackberry 10 models, but earlier Blackberry's using Blackberry 7 operating system and earlier did need the Bolt On.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I should have mentioned that for some reason it was never listed with all the other Bolt Ons on MyO2 - the only reference to texting BBROAM to 21300 used to be on the roaming pages.
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I am sorry I can't help further as I am not a Blackberry user. We do have @aldaweb and @Anonymous who do use these phones, so maybe as I have mentioned them in the post they may pop online and help?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you anyway!
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

No problem. Keep checking back on here as the two I have mentioned will help (maybe not tonight though):smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, sorry about the delay but pay and go is not my area of expertise so had to confirm the inf first. It is still available for BB OS7 and below, the new BB with OS10 don't need it.

Hope this helps slight_smile

To buy the PAYG Blackberry Data Roaming Bolt On:

• Text 'BBROAM' to 21300 (free from mobile)
  • £5 is deducted from Pay & Go top up allowance
  • The bolt on is added onto the customer's account and is confirmed to the customer by SMS

Valid for 30 days from the date of purchase. You can now buy multiple bolt ons if you wish to increase your BlackBerry data roaming allowance (if you are buying the bolt on before you travel you are restricted to one purchase, further purchases can be made once you begin roaming).

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for that info @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9