Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Blackberry bolt on??

Hi !
I am half way through my 24month contract and my current phone (w995) is falling apart, I am planning on getting a blackberry and I would like to use BBM ect. and I am wondering will I need a bolt on and what is it called, also if I do how much will it cost ??
Thanks if u can help! .
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Blackberry bolt on??

I use one called "500mb uk data for blackberry" which is £5.11 a month. You can get a higher allowance for more money but I use bbm pretty much all day (literally) and also update facebook about 10 times a day and get my emails and i don't get anywhere close to it...but it depends on what you will use the internet for.
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

First, if you have a data bolt-on as part of your contract, give CS a ring and you should be able to change that for the BB one. Bear in mind it will only be for a BB so taking the sim and putting it into another non-BB phone and expect the internet part to work, won't work.
Second, as above poster says due to compression on the BB servers you probably won't even get through half of that 500MB doing most things. Except streaming then again, you're better on wifi for that with a BB!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Alright. Thanks guys !.