Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Blackberry bold 9000 sent to repair

Right i send my blackberry bold 9000 to repair on the last day of my warrenty. friday 30th april as my warrenty run out on may1st but it was weekend and they cant send it out untill tuesday coming. but they have booked it in. will this still be fine.... and still in warrenty once it gets to O2 becuase i booked it in when it was still in warrenty.

Also its a trackball problem once again. wont click in and doesnt scroll left right properly. i was told they dont make the 9000 bold anymore so what are they likely to do? send me a new bold 9700? thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Blackberry bold 9000 sent to repair

Right i send my blackberry bold 9000 to repair on the last day of my warrenty. friday 30th april as my warrenty run out on may1st but it was weekend and they cant send it out untill tuesday coming. but they have booked it in. will this still be fine.... and still in warrenty once it gets to O2 becuase i booked it in when it was still in warrenty.
Also its a trackball problem once again. wont click in and doesnt scroll left right properly. i was told they dont make the 9000 bold anymore so what are they likely to do? send me a new bold 9700? thanks

Wishful thinking!

They will either replace the trackball, 10 minute job, or if there was a reason that the 9000 needed to be replaced there will be loads of reconditioned ones floating around.

Oh and if you are still under contract with this phone, it will still be under guarantee until the contract expires.
Highlighted
Anonymous

the trackball cant really be fixed like that because its not the actualy trackball that wont click down its the phones metal bubble thats broken.
Highlighted
Anonymous

the trackball cant really be fixed like that because its not the actualy trackball that wont click down its the phones metal bubble thats broken.

Metal bubble? What's that?
Highlighted
Anonymous

basically the trackball is just the ball. u kno when you push down on it. theres a little click down that happens wen u wanna select something. well thats a piece of metal on the phone. and if thats broken that little click down wont work. u can still select things but it means when ur scrolling sometimes it will randomly click something u dont wanan click. if you know what i mean
Highlighted
Anonymous

basically the trackball is just the ball. u kno when you push down on it. theres a little click down that happens wen u wanna select something. well thats a piece of metal on the phone. and if thats broken that little click down wont work. u can still select things but it means when ur scrolling sometimes it will randomly click something u dont wanan click. if you know what i mean

I thought the "click" came from within the trackball unit?
Highlighted
Anonymous

i had already replaced it once myself with a new trackball. and still no joy. so sent it to o2. will hear back from them soon
Highlighted
Anonymous

i had already replaced it once myself with a new trackball. and still no joy. so sent it to o2. will hear back from them soon

I know the raised bit you are talking about, never realised it moved.

You say that you have already opened the handset up yourself? Surely your guarantee will be void?
Highlighted
Anonymous

when i spoke to o2 on the phone the 1st time i had the problem they said try replacing it yourself so i did. after it still didnt work i just couldnt be bothered and carried on using it .
Highlighted
Anonymous

when i spoke to o2 on the phone the 1st time i had the problem they said try replacing it yourself so i did. after it still didnt work i just couldnt be bothered and carried on using it .

How old is it?