Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Blackberry Curve 9300 Pay as You Go Dial up settings?

I have a Blackberry Curve 9300 and I am trying to tether it to my PSP Go. This is possible and I have had people say only i Phones can be tethered and the PSP don't support this but in a late update the PSP Go supports BT Modems and I can use my Blackberry as a modem on my computer.
I have tried automatic setup and both "*99#" and "*99***1#" with the following usernames:
faster
username
o2bb
and the pass as "password", I found these online but they don't work for me. I keep getting on my PSP "A connection error has occurred the attempt to obtain the IP address timed out" Thanks for any help!
Anonymous

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 Pay as You Go Dial up settings?

You haven't specified an APN in the initialisation string.
Anonymous

Oh I dont really have much experience in this but from what I saw online I thought the string was stuff like "o2.co.uk","if1"+"12" but I have a Pay as You go Bolton for BB could you supply me the username, password and APN? when I click auto dial up it sets it as *99***1#.
Anonymous

The APN is payandgo.o2.co.uk the username is payandgo and the password is password.
Note that the terms and conditions say that tethering isn't allowed, I don't know whether they would notice or care though!
Anonymous

Thanks so where it says "Additional Ini String" I just type "payandgo.o2.co.uk" and nothing else?
Anonymous

The number to dial is the *99# then modem initialisation string is + cgdcont = 1 , "ip" ,"payandgo.o2.co.uk "
Anonymous

Thanks mate, tried it but I get an error whilst trying to connect "8030000B" which online means DUN is not available, my phone Blackberry Curve 3G supports it but when I clicked on device properties on the phones BT it says that the only services allowed on my PSP Go is audio share. So guess I cant do it.