Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

BlackBerry Messenger on Pay & Go

Hi, I'm new to this so I'm not sure if this is how you can get feedback and help. SORRY IF IT ISN'T!

I am with O2 on pay and go, and I was given a brand new blackberry curve from a friend as they didn't like it, which was an upgrade from a nokia on an O2 contract, I put in my O2 sim card and the basic things work well e.g. text and calls. But it wont let me use blackberry messenger, applications or email etc. I heard that to make this work I would need to purchase a 'blackberry data plan' from O2, but I have no clue what type to buy, how much they will cost or where to get them from (online or shop?). It would be hugely appreciated if somebody could help me on this matter.

*I would really like unlimited blackberry messenger, internet, texts and applications, is this possible for a reasonable price?*

Thanks for the help, would be appreciated if I could have some feedback pretty quickly as I have been trying to get this sorted for a while now and have had no success! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply...

Is there no other way to get it on contract? Also what is BIS?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Blackberry Internet Service.
Blackberry handsets need a subscription to BIS (or a corporate equivalent) otherwise you will be restricted to basic use (no MMS, messenger, browsing etc).
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you Smiley Happy

*I meant to say is there no other way to get it on Pay & Go?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Okay, thank you for all of the help! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Level 9: Fired up

Can you not enter the Pay&Go APN details into the Blackberry Settings for APN and use the standard Pay&Go data rates or Web Bolt On or Text & Web Tariff?

I'm sure that's possible. Not sure it gives you email, as I don't think a blackberry has an email client apart from the one that works with Blackberry Internet Services, but it should allow internet on the device?
Highlighted
Anonymous

No, Blackberry messenger needs BIS. You would only be able to use some third party apps which will work with a TCP connection.