Did you mean: 

Bills showing as unpaid despite being paid

liamm36
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey,

The O2 app is refusing to accept my card this year despite it expiring in 2024 and having used the same card since 2020. I managed to pay via paypal on the mymobile2.o2.co.uk website. I did this on the 3rd of March, got an email from paypal confirming payment to Telefonica UK Limited (PAYMENTADMIN@O2.COM), I could also see this from my bank account so the payment was accepted. Despite this I kept getting warnings that my bill was overdue and now I can't make calls or use data and have a new bill with late fees. I paid the new bill in full again via paypal as its the only one that doesnt fail. The same thing has happened. The money is out of my account. My phone bill still shows as unpaid. I've tried setting up a direct debit as well. It shows in the app as okay I havent been charged from it and my bill is showing as unpaid. 

Thought I would give in and call customer support. Just got an automated pay your bill message. I've been trying... Don't want to pay it 3 times with late fees that shouldn't exist. Especially when I've barely been able to use my phone for the past few weeks.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@O2Waqas  Can you look into @Esby2022 issue please .

signature
Message 11 of 25

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @O2Emma 

@Esby2022 I will send you a private message so we can look at this further 

signature
Message 12 of 25

LAinslie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I paid my airtime bill and device plan through through myo2.co.uk yesterday. My device plan is showing as paid however my airtime bill is not however both transactions are on my bank statement and the money has left my account. Can someone please help as I cant use my phone to ring O2. 

Message 13 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@LAinslie 

Use social media to message them

O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 25

Beechy169
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this same issue, paid via PayPal and now they threaten to cut me off.   Try to call and can’t get through despite being in a queue for over an hour and the online chat says they are busy ….. what a waste of time

Message 15 of 25

KultKayleigh
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem, I paid via PayPal on the 1st February 2023 but the payment to Telefonica UK Limited is sat in PayPal saying 'Authorisation in progess' it's been this way for days. Paypal says they can't cancel the payment, and the money is on hold. It's no longer in my account. Why haven't o2 taken the money? 

Message 16 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@KultKayleigh 

Sounds like an issue with PayPal, rather than o2, as PayPal and your Card provider are the ones who process the transaction on, and basically they haven't been able to pass on the captured Authorisation code..

This needs to go back to PayPal, or the auth code will automatically drop off within 7 to 14 days as its PayPal

Although it could be your bank nor releasing the funds

PayPal is not an official way to pay your mobile phone bill..  is this a PAYG top up? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 17 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest I didn't know you could pay via PayPal

Have you used this method before @KultKayleigh ?

Message 18 of 25

KultKayleigh
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a Pay Monthly. It's the second or third month I've used PayPal as it's easier and had no issue. The PayPal automated bot is saying its o2 but theres no easy way to get in touch with PayPal =_= and o2 seems like they also don't want to hear about it! I don't want to pay 'normally' off my card because that's 2 lots of money lost.

Message 19 of 25

KultKayleigh
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah i've used it a couple of times, it's only been within the last couple of months the paypal option has appeared on the app. And seen as its easier I've been using that instead and had no problems. =(

Message 20 of 25