Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Stephjcockerell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I finished paying for my phone so expected billing to go down to tariff only. Just discovered O2 have been billing me for minutes and texts since April. My business has been shut due to Covid and I could really do without this additional expense. Any advice?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Stephjcockerell 

If you didnt cancel the airtime it would still keep rolling on.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

You will get a far better deal if you now UPGRADE to a sim only contact

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P18M 

Re the charges for texts and calls... you need to check that out with O2. All numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edited to add contact details.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hi

If you upgraded directly with O2 then you should only be paying the airtime. If you have used over your allowance you will incur extra charges on your bill. There are Sim only options that you can upgrade to that might be better value

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Message 3 of 10

Stephjcockerell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I guess I thought tariff only would be just that - inclusive minutes and texts without charge for handset. This could definitely be communicated better.
Message 4 of 10

Stephjcockerell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I add sim only to basket will it automatically cancel how it is currently billing me?
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Stephjcockerell 

It's totally dependent on what your airtime contract was when you took out the contract.

If you had inclusive minutes and texts then you shouldn't have incurred extra charges (unless you sent Group texts or MMS) If you were abroad at any point then charges may have been levied.

However, if you think you have been overcharged then you need to contact O2 on the numbers in the link I posted above.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Stephjcockerell wrote:
If I add sim only to basket will it automatically cancel how it is currently billing me?

You need to make sure you choose UPGRADE via My O2 @Stephjcockerell . If you just choose  a sim only then you will be running 2 contracts. An UPGRADE effectively cancels your old contract/

upgrade sim only.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Stephjcockerell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for this. My understanding and showing on my account is unlimited texts and minutes but I am getting charged! Not sure what’s going on. I will try and call.
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Stephjcockerell 

Whilst on the call, talk to the advicsor about UPGRADING to a sim only.

They can do it there and then and your tariff would change immediately.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Stephjcockerell , good to see all the helpful information shared above! Let us know how you get on with this when you've made any progress, it would nice to hear back from you. slight_smile

Message 10 of 10