Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Dawnythompson  If you can borrow a phone you can call customer service for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402. You'll obviously have to wait until morning. Best time to call is 8-8.30 am to avoid a long wait on hold. Bear in mind that as your phone has been disconnected, you may have to pay a reconnection charge as well as paying your bill. Once you get this issue resolved you should think about setting up a Direct Debit to avoid this happening again. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Dawnythompson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Want to pay in full now as need phone as I'm disabled
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Dawnythompson  If you can borrow a phone you can call customer service for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402. You'll obviously have to wait until morning. Best time to call is 8-8.30 am to avoid a long wait on hold. Bear in mind that as your phone has been disconnected, you may have to pay a reconnection charge as well as paying your bill. Once you get this issue resolved you should think about setting up a Direct Debit to avoid this happening again. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Dawnythompson
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a pain in the butt I spoke to them last week as just come out of hospital they put my phone bk on as I said I'd pay today but they cut it off on Tuesday have had a row with them as promised to wait until today so now no one can contact me or anything plus have to pay 15 pounds on top of my bill for being disconnected grrrr

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Dawnythompson  Sorry to hear you've had problems, but as I said earlier, you'll have to pay the reconnection charge. What they say and what they do can sometimes be two different things. If the person you spoke to didn't halt the process, the computer system would just automatically cut you off. O2 are pretty ruthless when it comes to non-payment, so borrow a phone in the morning, as I suggested, and get this sorted out. If you don't, they will put a marker on your credit rating and it will cause you more difficulties. Best of luck. I hope you can get this resolved quickly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Dawnythompson 

Help on ways to pay here Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Just a thought @Dawnythompson
You could get a PAYGO sim if you need immediate facilities. This gives you time to settle up your business with o2. Many PAYGO sims are really good you are always in control.
These are easy to pick up in most stores, you could be up and running straight away.
Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 10

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Sorry to hear you have had problems.

For future reference when you call C.S with a similar issue re not being able to pay your bill on time, ask to be connected to payment support(or something like that) they are effectively O2's credit control dept. They can be more helpful and relaible than C.S. I speak from personal expreince when I forgot to put the money in my account for my ususal DD before bring called away for a family emergency. They were very helpful. You do still have to pay on the day you say you will though.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

Sorry to hear you have had problems.

For future reference when you call C.S with a similar issue re not being able to pay your bill on time, ask to be connected to payment support(or something like that).

Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Dawnythompson , sorry to hear you had trouble with this earlier. Did you manage to get everything sorted since you last posted?

Message 10 of 10