Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Billing problems...

As my bill was rather high, i decided to pay for it online with my credit card.
However..
The direct debit still went out of my account...meaning i have been charged twice for my bill.
I rang up in order to get a refund and they were ready to take my card details until i realised my card had expired, so I agreed to wait a couple of days until my new card arrived.
My housemate then suggested that I put it on his card so I can get the payment back quicker (im a student who kind of needs the money!)
So I rang back up and they now said that I cant get the refund until the 18th. However, this is when the next bill goes out which will mean it shall deduct it from the credit that I am currently in, meaning I shall not get the full refund.
I do need this money back ASAP as I cant afford paying £96 and waiting that long.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Anonymous

Billing problems...

You could go to your bank and make an indemnity claim, you should have the money back in your bank within 24 hours.
Anonymous

Billing problems...

Thanks for the reply. I just popped to the bank and they said it can take up to 4 weeks to process.
Anonymous

Billing problems...

be careful, some banks refuse to allow any direct debits to be set up again on an account after an indemnity claim - it happened to me and I ended up moving banks
Anonymous

Billing problems...

I rang up o2 today and they said that they'll do the refund. They didnt even take any payment details? So ive been told 3 different things now. Its pretty much a joke if you ask me.
Anonymous

Re: Billing problems...

As my bill was rather high, i decided to pay for it online with my credit card.
However..
The direct debit still went out of my account...meaning i have been charged twice for my bill.
I rang up in order to get a refund and they were ready to take my card details until i realised my card had expired, so I agreed to wait a couple of days until my new card arrived.
My housemate then suggested that I put it on his card so I can get the payment back quicker (im a student who kind of needs the money!)
So I rang back up and they now said that I cant get the refund until the 18th. However, this is when the next bill goes out which will mean it shall deduct it from the credit that I am currently in, meaning I shall not get the full refund.
I do need this money back ASAP as I cant afford paying £96 and waiting that long.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

You are allowed to make 4 card payments towards your account every month but the direct debit is still taken on the due date. If you have been told you cant be refunded until 18th, which is also when your bill is due to go out then your best just leaving it and not having a refund, as you would need to pay your next bill on the due date anyway, otherwise if you don't pay it your account will be in arrears.
Anonymous

Billing problems...

I rang up o2 today and they said that they'll do the refund. They didnt even take any payment details? So ive been told 3 different things now. Its pretty much a joke if you ask me.

According to your first post, they had already agreed to do the refund for you, so I don't see what your trying to get at?