Did you mean: 

Billing mistakes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi O2 users,

Just a line to let you all be aware……….

My wife just received her latest bill.

The bill is usually between £11 & £14, however this bill was £138.00

We looked into this and found there was a call of £70.00 for a 6 hr 42 min at 16.36hr.

The company was closed at 20.00.

This so-called call took all her contract minuets, so more charges were accumulated.

On contacting O2 on 2 occasions we were informed by 2 members of staff that it was mistake and offered a 50% reduction.

Nothing was resolved.

On the 3rd call an offer of £50.00 refund was offered, we asked to speak with a manager and was told we would be contacted the following day.

On the 4th call. We were offered a £50.00 refund, we asked to speak with a manager and told none were available.

My Wife Myself & 2 Sons have contracts with O2 as do most of our family???

Where to go from here??

Keith

(an o2 user for many years)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If she didn't make the call, raise a complaint.
Use Resolver https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous If your complaint isn't resolved to your satisaction, even if you are a long time O2 customer, your next move should be to not renew your contracts and go with another provider. You should, however, only do that if you get as good or better signal than you would do from O2. It sounds as if this is clearly not your fault, and O2 are being patronising by throwing you a crumb instead of fully compensating you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your post you say they confirmed it was a mistake.. so if it’s a mistake then you shouldn’t be paying anything!

As all calls are recorded, get on resolver and tell them that it was confirmed as a mistake!

Message 4 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear that you've had unwanted charges on your bill. 😞 Have you had any progress with this since you last posted? I'm going to drop you a PM (private message here on the forum) to get a few additional details to see if we can help on our end or to speed things up for you, please check when you get a moment. I hope this gets sorted for you soon.

Message 5 of 13

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

As per posts on here C.S or complaints are the correct ways of doing things. However if all this fails(*and it seems to have) then why not email Mark Evans, O2's CEO?

His email address is:-  [Removed]

And before everyone says i should'nt put the CEO's email address on here it is freely available on line and on linked in

You will get a response very quickly. it is a good idea to put your account number and O2 mobile number in your email. You will normally get a call back from the CEO's department within 24-48 hours. 

This deparmtent will look into your issue and listen to all related call recordings before calling you. They are very good and as a last resort will sort things for you. This course is only reccomended when all else has failed. 

Good luck

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @jezza1234   We aren't allowed to post the email address of the CEO. (thats why it's been removed)

As you say, you can google it and that's what we advise people to do....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that MI5, new to this community, found it and looking into it 

Thanks

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bambino for your comment, 

Having complained further O2 are now prolonging the matter even further ?????

Have had comments on contacting the CEO, can,t even get to talk to a so-called manager ?????

Getting to know the community bit by bit a pity the O2 team do,nt have the logic in thinking

Message 9 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous, I dropped you a PM earlier today to see if we can help in any way on our end, please do check when you get a moment. Sorry to hear you're still stuck with this. 😞

Message 10 of 13