Did you mean: 

Billing Reference on Bank Statements

Blooberchoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Do the direct debit transactions on your bank statement detail what device/plan you are paying for? I.e if I buy an Apple Watch, will the direct debit payment reference say "Apple Watch" or something similar, or is it impossible to tell what the transaction relates to, just by looking at the bank statements..? I don't want my wife knowing what I'm getting her for her birthday!

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Blooberchoo 

No device reference on mine. It just says "O2"

However, if you are buying a watch it will be linked to your account, unless you buy it on your wife's, in which case, she will know as she will get text confirmations and updates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Blooberchoo 

No device reference on mine. It just says "O2"

However, if you are buying a watch it will be linked to your account, unless you buy it on your wife's, in which case, she will know as she will get text confirmations and updates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Blooberchoo
  • 9 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 . Do you know if I'm going to be able to get the watch right away? I saw something on the store that said you had to have been on a contract for 3-6 months before you could get another device and I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to get it now. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Blooberchoo 

It depends on what the computer says. No one can know unfortunately.

You can also buy on credit direct from Apple though.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4