cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed twice for my first monthly payment. Any advice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there.

So my first months bill of £49 was due by the 5th of this month; I paid it manually in full on the 4th (would have been earlier but I get paid monthly,) but looking at my bank statement it has also been taken automatically by o2 (on the 5th,) thus I have paid almost £100. This is not only going to put me nehind on Christmas presents but I will be overdrawn and thus charged additionally by my bank... Any Advice? Am I entitled to a refund?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can either talk to o2 which as refund will take time or you could speak to your bank, which is a quicker option and they should be able to reverse the payment within a few days.

Start with your bank and if no joy get on the phone to o2 (free from your mobile on 202)

It happens a lot, so do not panic.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can either talk to o2 which as refund will take time or you could speak to your bank, which is a quicker option and they should be able to reverse the payment within a few days.

Start with your bank and if no joy get on the phone to o2 (free from your mobile on 202)

It happens a lot, so do not panic.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for the quick response; very relieved to hear this. I'll get in touch with my bank in the morning when they open.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you get it sorted,

Message 4 of 5

MissSephy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is exactly the same thing that has happened to me. I also paid on the 4th via the automatic phoneline and also set up a direct debit for the future. Checked my o2 app for the past couple of days and noticed I was £40 odd in credit. Normally I wouldn't bother but Christmas is coming and the DD has it covered now. 

It must have been a glitch on the 4th or something but I called up for a refund and the man on the phone was very confused. Might be worth checking out if anyone pays their bills in that time period. 

Message 5 of 5