cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed for ficticious calls. Where next? ofcom?

benfphillips
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I've been with o2 about 12 months without any issues and I don't think I have ever had reason to contact o2. However, this month my bill was almost double its contractual amount due to a call to an 084 number. Upon googling this number it belongs to Sky. This has caused the DD to fail on my bills account as I make so few calls every month there isn't a risk of it going over the tariff I am on.

The number appearrs to be for Sky TV. Before anything else please let me say there are a few issues surrounding my need to contact Sky. I have never held a service with Sky TV, I don't wish to have a Sky TV service, nor can I have a sky dish on my house due to living in a listed building. Not only this but the number called was an 084 number, I am not an idiot, upon going to their website I am presented with an 03 number for all departments. The total charge for 50minutes in duration totalled about £30+ VAT so £36 all in. My contractual tariff is £44.

There are no records of this number on my phone on any date. I live alone and therefore no one else could have made this call, unless my cat is exceptional and decided he fancied some Sky TV action. Added to the fact I suffer from seizures and always keep my phone with me throughout the house.

I attempted to contact o2 via the live chat, frankly the chap was uninterested in what I had to say and said I would need to call and refused to raise any form of complaint. I explained to him this is the best means of contact for me, as after hitting my head a few times from falling my memory wasn't amazing. Reluctantly I called the 202 number he provided. The lady I spoke with was lovely, however it sounds like her remit over the phone was a maximum of £10, that was the offer which I declined out of principle. I said I would take this as far as I needed to in order to get this resolved. The end result of this call despite giving my reason for calling as "complaint" resulted in the lady saying I would need to email in order to complain.

What do I actually have to do to get this sorted? You'll likely restrict the service soon and have my phone number at ransom. Due to on-going spinal issues and being prone to seizures and falling I clearly cannot afford to have my phone restricted as it is my only form of contact to family members and emergency services if anything does happen again.

You are making it almost impossible for me to make a complain, even when I try and make a phone call which I really hate doing due to memory issues.

I cant leave as I have a year left on my contract, one thing is for sure though I will not be recontracting with your company. It seems impossible to actually make a complaint, do I go direct to ofcom explaining that after speaking to, two seperate people o2 are making it extremely difficulty and time consuming to actually raise the intial complaint?

The amount of money isn't huge but I will fight this all the way to the chairmans office. If you're going to try and get this £36 from me, it's going to cost you far more in terms of charges from ofcom and time spent dealing with the complaint, assuming I can actually make one.

Disgusted.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Your are not speaking to O2 @benfphillips. This is a customer to customer forum. However, I will tag @Martin-O2 and @Marjo our Community Managers to see if they can help you.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 11

benfphillips
  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah sorry, was wanting to post it whilst it was fresh in my mind.

Cheers.
Message 3 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
No worries @benfphillips. Hopefully one of our Community Managers can assist you.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to complain here

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Also on the complaints link there is a chat link where you get through to a compaintc adviser

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@benfphillipsThis is really weird, particularly as you say there is no record of this call on your phone, yet it appeared on your bill? I agree, as you don't have Sky and aren't planning on getting it installed you would have no need to call them at all.

Your first mistake (sadly) was to use live chat. We never recommend them for account specific issues as they are limited in what they are able to do.

You need to make a complaint using the link provided by @jonsie and use the Resolver website in that link. They have a good reputation for getting complaints sorted. Best of luck

Link to Resolver

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Out of interest, what is the number or which sky department is it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention @Glory1

@benfphillips This is an unusual one. I'll see what I can find out for you. I'll need a few details to do this so I'll drop you a private message so we can talk further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 11

benfphillips
  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin,

I replied to your PM, however I got some kinda survery response asking if my issue was fixed? Not sure if there's been some kind of error?

@Martin-O2

Message 9 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @benfphillips that sounds like it was an automatic response. I'm catching up with my messages now so will get back to you shortly. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 11