cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed For Cancelled Line

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear!

Automation is a wonderful thing, but it looks like I have been billed for a cancelled line. 

£42 has come out of my account today for a line which was live for less than a week. 

Any tips on the fastest way to get this money back? Calling 202?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The phone part of the Refresh tariff should also be returned right? Because I no longer have the phone.

Isn't it just a pro-rate payment for the tariff? 

I would assume the phone phone part hasn't been paid yet as it's billed seperately and I wouldn't expect you to have to pay that for the returned phone.

Yes, the pro rata payment is just for the tariff as it was available for you to use.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

This does look like an administrative error.

I agree the best way would be to speak to O2 from an O2 powered phone via 202 or From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min

Do not use Live Chat for this issue.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I read that..... heh

Well I did use live chat, there is a refund of £33 they are pushing to my account and should be more after the final bill.

No idea what that is all about. Will wait and see what happens.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's because you returned your original phone and replaced it at with your Z1c.
You will still have to pay for any usage upto the change of phone. The first bill is a few days pro rata plus a month in advance.
In theory you should get the month in advance returned as this will be added to the first bill for the new phone contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear your being sorted Arthur.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone part of the Refresh tariff should also be returned right? Because I no longer have the phone.

They seem to be getting it sorted. Will just wait to see what happens. 

Done well so far. Get some quirks with automated billing, but the alternatives don't bare thinking about.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Any monies not belonging to O2 will be returned.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would assume the phone phone part hasn't been paid yet as it's billed seperately and I wouldn't expect you to have to pay that for the returned phone.

Yes, the pro rata payment is just for the tariff as it was available for you to use.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were two seperates payments. One for £22 odd and another for a flat £20, so that has to be the phone part. Weird. 

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You get another bill generated after you disconnect and this will include a refund back to you. This bill will have come out because it was already generated.
Message 10 of 10