Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill

Ck1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I’ve been abroad for the last three months and have turned my Uk number off. However I still got charged very high. Would it be possible to check this? Also I will be away for few more weeks so would it be possible to mute my number during this time so that I don’t get charged again? Kind regards
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Ck1 

@I don’t think they will allow you to suspend your account so best to keep phone off if not using it. 

You can check your charges in your MyO2 or by contacting customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Ck1 

@I don’t think they will allow you to suspend your account so best to keep phone off if not using it. 

You can check your charges in your MyO2 or by contacting customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can't mute your number. You will need to continue paying your contract every month unless you cancel it and pay any cancellation charges.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ck1  What do you mean you turned your UK number off? As said, you will have to pay your monthly charges whether you use the number or not. If you want to avoid incurring extra charges while you're abroad, take the sim out of your phone and use a local sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4