Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill payment

KarenTC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I have received multiple texts and emails saying I have not paid my bill. My direct debit has come out of my account as usual so I am unsure why O2 think I haven't paid? Please can you advise what I should do next.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145101 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@KarenTC 

Quite a lot of similar issues this week.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

MattHelm2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the same messages and texts, you're not alone. I've found dozens of people reporting this on twitter too.

I've spoken to chat advisor and called up twice. Both calls assured me it had been resolved and that the error was on their end but I've just received another text telling me they will take a late payment fee if I don't pay the arrears. It's a shambles. There's clearly an error with their payments system but they're not resolving it.

Edit: the customer advisor guy I'm speaking to at the moment is saying - again - that it's an issue at their end, they are aware of it and it's happening to lots of people. Not sure how that helps us when it clearly isn't being sorted out.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23229 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@KarenTC@MattHelm2 I would imagine not much will get done to resolve this until after the long Bank Holiday weekend. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@KarenTC 

@MattHelm2 

I suggest that you leave it until the latter part of next week and then check MyO2 to see if your payment has materialised. You can use either the MyO2 app or the link at the top of this page :-

Oxonian_0-1703441822255.png

If your payment is not credited to your account, I suggest that you speak to your bank before contacting O2. 

You need to ask your bank for the unique transaction identification number, which is likely to be sixteen digits in length. If you provide this to O2, they will search their accounting systems and locate your payment. It is likely to have ended up in a suspense or unidentified remittances account, or alternatively to have been credited to the account of another customer.  

Message 5 of 5