Did you mean: 

Bill payment

DanielBoddey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

So I have a pay monthly contract with O2 and i normally get charged through direct debit. So I get charged on the 18th of every month, which is 2 weeks after the bill comes out on the 4th. It's the 15th today, am I able to click make the payment now to pay for the bill? And if i did this, would it still charge me again on the 18th? Or can I just click make a payment to pay for it now and early.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @DanielBoddey 

No I'm afraid. You need at least 5 working days before your bill is generated to make a payment. If you do it now, you will be charged twice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

DanielBoddey
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The bill is generated on the 4th of each month, but I don't get charged until the 18th. And what can I do if I do pay for it now? Is there a way for me to contact O2 and tell them i've already made the payment so then they do not charge me again?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions

@DanielBoddey 

It's all automated so best to just let the bill be paid by direct debit.

If you do pay it, you will have a credit for next month though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@DanielBoddey 

It wouldn't make any difference. Taking payment is auto generated and O2 can't override this I'm afraid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

DanielBoddey
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So i will still have to pay for this months bill in 3 days, but technically I've just paid for next months as well?

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If you pay it, you will be in credit for next month (though that wasn't the question asked) Lol

So for instance, pay now and DD will still be taken...but July 18th won't be. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions

@DanielBoddey wrote:

So i will still have to pay for this months bill in 3 days, but technically I've just paid for next months as well?

Yes @DanielBoddey 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8