Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill I should not recieve

Eliza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, since there is no availablw agent every time I check, I am writing here. My contract ended in November, O2 told me that I can just stay on pay as you go with no monthly charges. I agreed because I still need to have this number active (altough I don't use it because I am in other country). Well I recieved a bill with amount of my AirTime bill. I won't pay it, so they will charge me even more, and they will disconnect my number EVEN though they told me I will be on pay as you go with no monthly charges. What should I do?

Thanks
Eliza
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Eliza

You need to speak to someone in customer services and NOT use live chat. If you rang now you would get through quite quickly https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Just to add, you need to give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime. It doesn't just stop when your contract is finished.

Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Eliza

You need to speak to someone in customer services and NOT use live chat. If you rang now you would get through quite quickly https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Just to add, you need to give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime. It doesn't just stop when your contract is finished.

Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Eliza they would have sent you a new PAYG sim if you switched to PAYG. When you activate that, it cancels your contract. Did you not receive one?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Eliza
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did not, because as I said I don't live in UK anymore. They offered me that I keep my number and after I cancel it will just switch to on PAYG.
Message 4 of 9

Eliza
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 I did canceled as I should, I gave them notice, etc etc and I made sure it will finish when it should. I emailed them to say that I won't pay that (I don't use this number anymore, just need it active for another month that's all)
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You’ll have to get hold of customer service then @Eliza unless @Marjo can help you next week ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Eliza wrote:
I did not, because as I said I don't live in UK anymore. They offered me that I keep my number and after I cancel it will just switch to on PAYG.

That's the problem @Eliza. It won't just 'switch' to PAYG. You need a completely different sim for that, hence me asking you to contact customer services.

However, if you are now abroad, they won't send a sim to you there. They only send to UK addresses.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Something has been lost somewhere as you can't email O2.If you used chat it would have been a waste of time too. You need to call them to sort this out. If you are now living overseas and not coming back, pay or not it is up to you.

However, if you plan on coming back, this debt stays on your credit file for 6 years and you may have problems getting credit with anyone. Give them a call and cancel your contract. You can discuss with them as to why your request wasn't actioned.

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Eliza sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with this. Please do let us know how it goes with customer service and if you manage to call them and sort this out, or if you need any further help.

Message 9 of 9