cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Bundle confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just switched back to O2 from Vodafone where I was on Vodafone freebees. I opted for the £10 Big Bundle tariff, and while I get that you lose the free allowances after the month expires, it seems I've also lost any credit remaining on that £10? Is this a case of use it or lose it? Doesn't it carry over? That doesn't sound like a good deal to me. I basically sent about 5 texts and used about 50MB of data in that time! I'm left out of pocket. Would I be better off on a different tariff? Big Talker doesn't look right for me either.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27656 Solutions
If you want to keep your credit you need o2 basic, big talker or international sim. All 3 will give you some small allowances but you keep your credit until used.
The big bundle gives you more allowances but you spend the credit to get them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

The £10 us used to pay for your payg allowances so you only top up once a month to renew the allowance 

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Have a look at this guide. Once you have paid ...you use your allowances up till the next date due

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/big-bundles

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've read through the guide many times, and am still not clear on whether I have any credit remaining on this tariff.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I used to have Text and Web, which was perfect for me, but it doesn't seem to exist any more?

Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You can call customer service on 4445 and ask to be put on the standard P&G tariff. It does exist, but only if you ask.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions

Ask for the Basic tariff, ask for it by name and as said, it's request only.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27656 Solutions
If you want to keep your credit you need o2 basic, big talker or international sim. All 3 will give you some small allowances but you keep your credit until used.
The big bundle gives you more allowances but you spend the credit to get them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8