Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware! Robbed Again

Seano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a heads-up for people. I was originally defrauded by iFitness, (O2 deny any responsibility for handing over my bank details) of over £100 since last November. Last week, O2 supposedly then barred iFitness from taking this money even though they said they had no reponsibility for this and connection. I woke up this morning to the same text which I had been ignoring, assuming it was spam, and not wanting to give them any phone details by replying, commuicating that this number was a valid number. 

"FreeMsg: U are a member of iFitness - gym + food plans @ [link removed] for £3/week. Send stop bmfitness to 60762 to cancel. Help 03333217014" If I wasn't so angry I would laugh. Free message????!!!!! O2 have washed their hands of this, I will be contacting again the company that robbed my bank account, looking for my money back, if they won't, I will be contacting the ombudsman about O2. In the meantime time I will be paying off my phone contract and looking for a new contract provider. It is now geneuinely worrying as to what I could be signed up for via my O2 phone. Be really careful out there. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Seano

You need to follow the advice here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

You can also contact iFitness and ask to be unsubscribed and for a refund of your money.

In the meantime you need to ask O2 to place these two bars on your account

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

There is also another website which helps fight these scams @Seano

https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Seano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff. I contacted O2 during the week and supposedly the person I talked to did that. It stopped the messages, then suddenly started again. It made no difference.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
When you move network, go to EE as they are currently the only network who offer two factor approval for these subscription services, so you have to text back to opt in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Seano wrote:

Thanks Cleoriff. I contacted O2 during the week and supposedly the person I talked to did that. It stopped the messages, then suddenly started again. It made no difference.

Then they didn't apply the bars correctly @Seano

You need to contact them again.

You also need to check your preference settings (Manage My Preferences) in My O2 to make sure they are set to your choice. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6