cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better 02 deal elsewhere than with 02, how do I keep number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 have just offered me a deal of 1gb data unlimited texts & calls, but I can get 5gb data for £1.50 more elsewhere, and as use a lot have just ordered it.  How do I keep my number? I get the feeling will have to PAC out to someone else and then back in again - is this the case?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
No pac required if staying with O2. Just process your change as an upgrade to your current contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Yes you have to request your PAC to keep your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Here is a help link that may be of interest ; http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

If an independent is offering a better deal on an O2 contract then you can either upgrade through them and you'll keep your number anyway or grab a screen shot if that deal and ring O2 Cs on 202 and speak to retentions and be ready to pass over the deal to them to see if they can match or better it.

I would also suggest unlocking your phone to All Networks if it is not already. This is free to contract customers and £15 to Payg (T&C apply) this is if you move from O2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form is the unlocking form.

I would suggest you check out any new Network by obtaining one of their Payg sims and try them out where you live , work and commute if you decide to move.

Take care.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
No pac required if staying with O2. Just process your change as an upgrade to your current contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4