Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Believe I have been missold a service please help!

Last August I phoned O2 to cancel my contract as it was due for renewal. When I phoned I was advised that I could keep my phone active if I changed the contract to a service which allowed me to 25mins or 50 texts and would not be charged ANYTHING unless I went over 25mins of calls or 50 texts.
I only agreed to this service over the phone and thought the phone could be handy as a "back up" for a member of my family who doesn't use a phone, but could maybe have needed it in emergencies.
18 months later I received a bill for line rental of this phone which I knew NOTHING about. I never received any corresondence from O2 regarding this phone, I have received NO monthly bills or reminders that I hadn't paid for the line rental. With the current phone I use which is also with O2 I receive monthly bills and am completely up to date with all payments.
When I spoke to someone regarding this matter and an outstanding amount that O2 say I am due them, they would not listen to me. I have NEVER used this "back up phone" in the 18 month and would NEVER have agreed to keep the phone active IF I had been made aware that there was a line rental of £1.38 per month.
During my phone conversation regarding this matter with O2 I was advised that the charges for this phone would have shown up on my on line account. I don't even have the necessary activation codes to view this on line account as I had no idea I was being charged therefore there was no reason for me to look!
When I eventually received a bill for £25.70 I understandably presumed there had been a mistake on the phone I currently use. I telephoned O2 and was advised that there were no charges outstanding on the phone I currently use and told to ignore the letters, as the customer services adviser didn't check the account number on the bill which now obviously pretains to the "back up" phone.
Due to the advice I was given "to ignore" the bill, not only am I being charged £25.70 for the line rental which I knew nothing about I have now been charged a further £20 for late payment. DO NOT TRUST O2 when you phone to cancel a phone.
I have no problems EVER paying my bills but this is SO unfair. I am prepared to fight this bill but need help as to where to go to get some adice. It would also be very helpful to speak with someone in O2 who will actually LISTEN rather than just threaten. I will be VERY grateful for some advice please. Thanks for reading this.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Believe I have been missold a service please help!

O2 have a complaints review service whose details are on the o2 support pages here http://tinyurl.com/3y25pmn

Hope that helps
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

yeah o2 complaints review service is the way to go.
I always email them when the normal customer services wont be able to help.
Once in there hands they will get it resolved as they will take time and effort to sit down with your email and look whats going on and then get back to you.
Anonymous

I don't think this is a need for the complaints review service. Sounds to me like the OP has been given a resign credit and/or discount to commit to another term with O2, that has ended it has reverted back to the standard line rental.
Anonymous

Last August I phoned O2 to cancel my contract as it was due for renewal. When I phoned I was advised that I could keep my phone active if I changed the contract to a service which allowed me to 25mins or 50 texts and would not be charged ANYTHING unless I went over 25mins of calls or 50 texts.
I only agreed to this service over the phone and thought the phone could be handy as a "back up" for a member of my family who doesn't use a phone, but could maybe have needed it in emergencies.
18 months later I received a bill for line rental of this phone which I knew NOTHING about. I never received any corresondence from O2 regarding this phone, I have received NO monthly bills or reminders that I hadn't paid for the line rental. With the current phone I use which is also with O2 I receive monthly bills and am completely up to date with all payments.
When I spoke to someone regarding this matter and an outstanding amount that O2 say I am due them, they would not listen to me. I have NEVER used this "back up phone" in the 18 month and would NEVER have agreed to keep the phone active IF I had been made aware that there was a line rental of £1.38 per month.
During my phone conversation regarding this matter with O2 I was advised that the charges for this phone would have shown up on my on line account. I don't even have the necessary activation codes to view this on line account as I had no idea I was being charged therefore there was no reason for me to look!
When I eventually received a bill for £25.70 I understandably presumed there had been a mistake on the phone I currently use. I telephoned O2 and was advised that there were no charges outstanding on the phone I currently use and told to ignore the letters, as the customer services adviser didn't check the account number on the bill which now obviously pretains to the "back up" phone.
Due to the advice I was given "to ignore" the bill, not only am I being charged £25.70 for the line rental which I knew nothing about I have now been charged a further £20 for late payment. DO NOT TRUST O2 when you phone to cancel a phone.
I have no problems EVER paying my bills but this is SO unfair. I am prepared to fight this bill but need help as to where to go to get some adice. It would also be very helpful to speak with someone in O2 who will actually LISTEN rather than just threaten. I will be VERY grateful for some advice please. Thanks for reading this.

If this is an o2 consumer contract then there is no such thing as a £20 charge for late payment.
Anonymous

write one lettar then go straight to otelo, as you probaly wont get a reply from o2 i have made 50 calls and letter and no promised call backs and reply so would advise otelo good luck.