cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being removed off imei blacklist

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to be taken off imei blacklist, customer services have filled the form request for me to be removed off the blacklist, how long does the whole process take ?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Should be done pretty quickly, usually in 2 or 3 days at most.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousI would imagine it depends on what you were blacklisted for? You could always ask O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

From previous experience it can take up to a week providing it's for a recovered phone or placed in error.

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was done in error, I am now on day 3, does the weekend count as I have heard people say 72 working hours ?

Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually working days are weekdays only with o2.
I’d chase up customer service just to make sure something is happening.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 24

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, let us know if you've had any progress with this? slight_smile Checked on our end, and generally, once O2 has submitted the form, it should be a 24-hour timescale excluding weekends.

If it was blocked by a 3rd party or bank insurance etc. though then you'd have to contact them regarding timescales.

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea where the Block came from, also there has never been a claim made on my device I had not used it with a SIM card for months then one day last week I put a SIM card inside and it just said no service, so the block could of only come from O2 in error, I am taking about a iPad Pro not a phone.

Message 8 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The clue maybe in the sentence 'you hadn't used it for months' I know PAYG sims need to be used within 6 months or they become inactive. Not sure why, if it's a Pay monthly sim though @Anonymous I would probably try and get a new sim...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have O2 confirmed that it is blacklisted or are you assuming it has been?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24