cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being over charged???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently purchased an iphone6 after never having any issues with having an iPhone 4 on O2 for over 4 years!! Anyway I have unlimited minutes and texts yet I've been charged nearly £13 for sending texts which do not included pictures and are your big standard message, anyone else had this issue?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

MMS charges perhaps?

You should be able to view your recent spend in MyO2.

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you are well used to the iPhone ios we can only offer the usual advice.

Make  sure you are not sending smilies and are sending to contacts phone numbers and not email addresses. Also enable character count, a standard sms equals 160 characters.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

This may help -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Speak to customer services if you feel something isn't adding up. -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
See here for help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p... and additionally, on an iPhone, make sure you don't send to an email address or include anything in the subject line. In fact, go into settings and turn off the subject line completely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add you can turn off mms sending.

Settings -> Messages -> Toggle off Mms.

Ensure iMessage is toggled on for when you contact another iPhone user. Mobile data need to be engaged too.
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Settings -> Messages -> Toggle off Mms.

This will also prevent you from receiving them too, if that is your wish.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
And you can't not ask 02-UK C.S refund you anyway for being over change mms ect coz when you txt msg got a limited of space intill it's converted into a Mms ect .
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions