cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for unwanted Data downloads. Help !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting totally fed up. I am currently in France and have now been charged three times £1.99 each time for "O2 travel data" so I phoned on the supposedly free helpline (and have been charged) and apparently have to set the HSPacket data to disabled. It took me ages to fiddle around as it was greyed out, but by going to the network setting there are three options, GPRS 3G and dual, I set it to GPRS and was able then to disable the HSpacket data. I only want to use the Internet on my phone, nokia asha 302, as an emergency back up and then ONLY in a free wifi situation, never roaming. So I have set it to always check I am on a WLAN connection before Internet connecting BUT my phone seems to have a mind of its own and download stuff (?) supposedly updating apps ??? I don't want it doing this. So having set the HSPacket data to disabled, can I be assured this will stop ? ANd what about the free numbers too ??? And when there is a little E in the top screen corner, am I being charged for anything then ? And also, I downloaded a mail for messaging app, as instructed for my virginmail account and now that's not working either ! Help !

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 tell me that the asha 302 wont let you switch mobile data roaming off. There solution is to switch gprs off with customer services thus disabling the internet for good.so we pay for internet and cant use it. Of of course we can get a new phone.What a load of robbers.
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesnt work with the asha302. Cant select enable/disable whilst gsm is on
Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
With GPRS off you can't use data so you don't need to pay for it.... Just cancel the bolt on?
Of course if you do get data you may as well use it though so no point in turning it off.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23