cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for texts I didn't send

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 on contract since May, I'm totally fed up, I get charged outside my allowance for texts I  did not send. Every month there's a charge on my bill outside my normal allowance.

I hardly use my phone as I am currently housebound.

I have been yet again this month been charged outside my normal allowance for a media message supposedly sent on Tuesday to a  O2 landline number ending in 1234, this appeared on my last bill too. I never send media messages,if it has to be a long text, I send several short ones.

I did not send this text at 14.21 on October 2nd, how could I be washing my hair and using phone at the same time, totally out of order. Also I have been told that O2 charge 29p just to send a smiley ?? How ridiculous again.  I feel like throwing my Blackberry to the back of the drawer and using my spare one on PAYG with Orange. I shall not be renewing my contract in 18 months time with O2. Infuriating .

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you feel that certain charges are incorrect then i would suggest that you contact 02's customer services to highlight the anomolies to ask them to investigate.

is it possible someone else used your phone !

Check your outbox.

Hope you get this sorted.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it shows sent to 000000000001234. it is because an mms  has been sent to an email address

instead of the mobile number.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thanks,

I have contacted 02 on Weds. this week but they are adamant.

There is no one else here that would use my phone, my husband has his own Blackberry.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi and thanks,

I have contacted 02 on Weds. this week but they are adamant.

There is no one else here that would use my phone, my husband has his own Blackberry.

Hi technogran

There's only two possible answers to this situation.   Answer #1 is that your phone is sending the messages.  Answer #2 is that your phone is mis-reporting texts as MMS/Email MMS messages.

The best way of eliminating any doubt is to have your phone tested for any faults.  If no fault then the message sending is genuine.  If a fault is found then it could back you up.  Have the fault fixed and the issue should no longer happen.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, caught 02 out again, I decided not to use texts for a whole month as from Thursday Oct 4th and I'm keeping to my word.

Checked my 02 account now and another MMS text was sent yesterday to the number ending in 1234.

THIS IS NOT ON, I did not send even one text yesterday at all, if this is allowed to continue then I'm going to end up with a big bill.

MY phone could not text itself, it's a Blackberry not an Iphone, I did not use it at all yesterday. Have had enough , going to contact Watchdog TV programme.

Message 6 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
This does seem very strange and is certainly pointing towards an issue with your phone. Can you remember what you were doing with your phone (if anything) at the time the MMS was recorded to have been sent? ie did you recive a call or text, were you on internet, facebook, twitter etc....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with 02 more than like.

I did absolutely nothing with my phone the time the message was recorded, in fact the phone was on my pc desk here upstairs and I never access facebook on it or anywhere else.

It's useless really to have the phone as I've gone too wary to use it now. I don't use it to access the internet either as the screen is too small.

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been on chat with 02, was told it's not possible to send a text to an e mail address.

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thanks,

Where would I get my phone tested and how much would it cost, I got it from Carphone warehouse in May, do I go back there ?

Message 10 of 14