cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for something I have already paid for!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping someone can help me here!

My contract for £43 a month (unlimited calls, texts and a gig of data that I never use) on my old phone ended on 22/7/17 I upgraded that day to my new phone and stayed with O2 (big mistake!!!) on a contract for £49 a month. I have now received my bill and they are charging me £65!?! 

I have called to query this and was told I was being charged £18 for phone useage on my old phone between 5/7/17 and 22/7/17????

The final payment for the previous contract came out on 24/7/17 due to the 22nd being a Saturday and would surely cover that period! The girl (who seemingly couldnt give me an answer to any question without putting me on hold for 10 mins while she asked a supervisor) said that was not the case but could not tell me why. To my mind if the contract has an expiery date and they take the final payment that covers the last month!?! 

Basically I would like to make sure I am not going mental here and I should only be paying the £49 I have stated on my contract.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have called to query this and was told I was being charged £18 for phone useage on my old phone between 5/7/17 and 22/7/17????

The final payment for the previous contract came out on 24/7/17 due to the 22nd being a Saturday and would surely cover that period

If the £18 has been included in the 24/7/17 bill then yes it looks like you are being charged twice......if not then the latest bill is correct.

You need to look at the breakdown on both bills.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

But the contract ended on 22nd!?! This is the part I am strugling with because to me if I pay upto the last day of the contract which I did then there is no more money to be had! contract ended on the 22nd and I paid final payment on the 24th. The other issue I am having with it is that I have been with O2 through 4 upgrades and apart from this one I have never had this issue before! no extra charges on the first bill ever.

Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes but your last bill was produced 2 weeks before the 22nd so you need to pay those last 2 weeks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

so what am I paying for? The phone is already fully paid for by the contract payments and all my calls texts and data are free? are we saying £18 is line rental for half a month?

I must sound stupid to you and I appologise but I dont get the point of them having a contract end date if they are just going to charge you for it after its finished.

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your contract doesn't end as it isn't an end date. It's a minimum term and continues on a rolling monthly basis.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The final bill is added to the following months bill when you upgrade.
If you had upgraded when the last bill was produced you wouldn't of had any further charges on the old contract but the fact that you used it for a further 2 weeks means that those weeks need paying for.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

Is it all clear now? Bills are always difficult to understand Confused

If you read the O2 help section here "Help and Support Account and Billing", you will see what they were explaining about the billing date and the payment date

Payment date and billing date

The billing date is when your bill is produced and your allowances are reset.

Around 14 days later is your payment date, which is when you'll need to have paid your bill.

Please let us know if we have helped you just in case this is not the reason so we can learn and help others in the future  Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 17 of 17